Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
College Rockstar

The Ultimate Accutane Log

Woot! Woot! I am so exited, I was just prescribed Accutane by my Dermatologist.

I am and 18 year old guy, and weigh 145-150 and was prescribed 30mg of Accutane. I just came back from the hospital to do the mandatory blood test. I'm calling the Dermatologist on Monday, and she'll tell me if I'm healthy enough to begin my 5 month course.

In the interim I would like to let you guys know what to expect from this "log." I will be posting pictures weekly, probably every monday, because I'm going to start on Monday if everything goes as planned.

I've had moderate acne through high school, and durring my senior year I found this site and Dan Kern's regminen, it worked wonders and kept me clear for 3 months. I decided that I was clear and went off Dan's regimen, for the next 5 months I was 100% clear, as you can see below:

http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=clearev7.png

Out of the blue, I broke out with cysts, mostly on my neck, and it really looks terrible lol.

Here are some pictures of my current condition:

http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=acnefacedg5.png

http://img510.imageshack.us/my.php?image=neckacnemn9.png

Please feel free to comment as much as you would like in my accutane log. I love comments.

Peace.

Day 2

Holy crap this is weird.

I was fine until all of a sudden I started getting a littlbe bit dizzy, and it looked as if the room I was in was moving lol. I couldnt stop leaning towards the right, it's wearing off right now.

Other than that it's only day 2, no changes as of yet.

I also got some chapstick and moisturizer today, for when the dryness starts to come.

Day 8

My skin is very dry, it's even hard to open my mouth if I don't put moisturiser on. My face is getting more oily, and more acne is appearing. Perhaps my IB?

Usually I would be freaking out because I look so terrible, but I'm not. I know that in a few short months I will be 100% clear, so it's worth it.

As far as side effects are concerned I've got the usual dry lips, dry face, mild nose bleed. That's not a big price to pay for clear skin.

I was going to post pictures this week, but there's no point, I have worse acne than my begging pictures due to IB.

Cheers.

hey dont worry about it, I just got into my 2nd week and my first week or so was hell, massive break outs and extremely dry lips and some minor nose bleeds. I still get some small nose bleeds and am a bit dry but now the breakouts have stopped and I can definitely see that its working

Good luck with your continuing treatments

Chris

Day 2

Holy crap this is weird.

I was fine until all of a sudden I started getting a littlbe bit dizzy, and it looked as if the room I was in was moving lol. I couldnt stop leaning towards the right, it's wearing off right now.

Day 11

Tripp: Yeah the headaches went away for me after the first few days. I noticed I get them if I don't drink enough water. So, stay hydrated.

Kind-of-wonderful....thank you so much sweatheart! Yeah I can't wait to be clear!

lmn: thanks for the motivation, man.

I take my pill at 6:30 with dinner. I'll be starting my second blister pack.

My neck is my biggest problem area, usually it's all bumpy with acne, and when I wash it in the shower it hurts like hell. It's been getting smoother for the last couple of days, and acne is definetly going down.

My side effects are still the very dry face, but nothing moisturiser can't beat. My lips are also dry, but not as much as I thought they were going to be. I'm also kind of ichy all over, oh well. I've been very fortunate to have very mild side effects, thus far.