Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can anyone suggest some good products from Neutrogena. I've just got the 3 in 1 stress control treatment, stress control foam wash, and just the regular scrub(not the stress free). I've been getting pimples really bad lately and I think some of its from not exfoliating and not using anything that cleans pores. Any suggested Neutrogena products? Are the products I listed good? Should I exfoliate everyday? Should I get the stress control scrub instead of the stress control wash and could I use the scrub as a "Wash" or do I have to still use a wash/cleanser with the scrub? I get really confused with some products. Like if you have a cleanser and a exfoliating scrub that both contain SA can you use both of them everyday or would it be to much SA? I haven't used the Neutrogena products yet. Just looking for something different to try sicne I tried DKRs bp and it causes me to have a bunch of little pimples when i wake up. Almost as if it blocks my pores.

I might give that a try as a mask. Do you use it for both (mask/cleanser) or just one?

I just use it as a mask (it's the only reason why I bought it). I've used it for a while but the only thing I've noticed is that recently, whenever I use it on my nose, my nose turns slightly red afterwards.

Thanks for the info. I've atually been using a scrub everytime I wash my face. Well only the last 4 times since I got these neutrogena products the other day. Only reason is because no matter what cleaser I use....they don't feel like they clean my face what so ever...well the ones that dotn over dry. I have DKR cleanser and some neutrogena cleanser but they just feel like they leave stuff on my face. Right now I'm trying to add SA in my regimen. In the morning I try to use the neutrogena stress control wash which has 0.5% SA(which I end up also cleansing with something else in my collection or using the scrub). Then I put on neutrogena 3 in 1 stress control hydrating acne treatment that has 2% SA which so far I really like. Then at night I try to cleanse with what ever(lol) then put DKR BP on. I'm trying to get the best of both worlds (BP&SA) but I dout it will work. I tried to go on DKR but the BP would cause me to have "whiteheads" in the morning(not really inflamed pimple...maybe a little red but usually just a white head). I'm not sure what to try anymore. I had things semi under control but since I recently broke out 20 time more then normal I'm will to try anything. I think some kind of mask or something to really clean pores will help out a lot since for some reason I have alot of whiteheads now.

Your regimen is too irritating, maybe that is why you broke out worst then before. The cleanser you are using now is too irritating, so stop. SA need PH 4 to work if not it will be too irritaing. Neutrogena SA cleansers aren't good so stop using it. Stick to 1 cleanser only, use the DKR cleanser, its very well formulated and good even though it doesn't contain SA. If you find that it doesn't clean enough, use a toner. Check out the one in my signature or buy one that contains no alcohol. Check out this thread when buying products.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...ne-t102347.html

I say stop the scrub now that you have a lot or whiteheads. It will only worsen the condition so stop. However because you have a lot of whiteheads, you still need exfoliation. There are 2 kinds, chemical and manual exfoliation.

For chemical exfoliation check out this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Clearing-...ps-t130593.html

For manual exfoliation check out this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...p;hl=baby+brush

Hope this helps! Good luck!

That bad breakout happened on DKR so I tried to throw in a few otehr products. I started to use the BP(3.7%) from this rip off proactive stuff I have used for years just at night because I would get lots of pustules in the morning when using DKR BP. It stoped the pustules but then after a week or 2 I broke out bad under my lip/above my chin. Then that almost healed except for soem red marks but then the one day I worked on my car and sweated a good bit. Over the next few days is when the bad breakout happened. It just got me thinking that just doing DRK alone wont work for me. I need to exfoliate and possibly use a mask a few times a week to clean pores really good.

I looked at those links and as for the chemical exfoilant...the neutragena 3 in 1 stress control hydrating 2% SA stuff seems like the same thing as that paula's choice. Well i mean as in giving the same effect. The 3 in 1 reduces redness and makes my skin actually look like skin. I guess I'm gonna try to go back on DKR(cleanser and bp) but just keep using the 3 in 1 and get a mask to use a few times a week. When using this 3 in 1 or paula's SA....do I put it on after washing and before the BP? Also do I use it morning and night? Right now I use the 3 in 1 during the day and DKR BP at night which now I get the morning pustules again.

Aslo when I started DKR I started one of those red/blue light lamps. Did it for a few weeks then quit for a week. Then I started again and now have been doing it for 1 1/2 or so months. Just giving it a shot for the hell of it.

It's normal to break out initially while doing DKR because it unclogs pores and try to kill acne. If you read the DKR logs, this is a common effect. Right now you are doing SA and BP, SA also pernetrates the pores and clear out everything so you will experience breakouts also if you read the link on chemiccal exfoliation.

The regimen you are doing now is good, combination of SA and BP which many DKR users are doing, don't worry if you break out initially, it will clear. Try to stick to it for 3 months and see how. Don't apply BP after SA, its too much for the skin. What you are doing now is correct, SA in the morning and BP at night. Oh and don't forget to apply sunscreen in the morning because both SA and BP makes you sensitive to the sun.