Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kraven Moorhead

Too Late For Accutane?

I go back to the doctor soon and she's saying accutane will do great for me. But from what i undestand is that it really dont do much unless its active acne, And i don't think i have that much active acne as of now. If this was 6 months ago i would have been excited about getting it. But now its jus blah. I dont't really think it will do much for me...

sidego2.th.jpg

Theres one side, The other is the same jus not as worse...It wouldnt bother me as bad if there wasint so much redness everywhere. Can't even look in a mirror as of late...Speicaly the rearview car mirror...ahhh! It makes it 100x worse than what it looks like on a camera or mirror anywhere else...any way, Yall think its too late for it

it actually looks to me like you do have active acne, as well as red marks, what are you using to treat it now, accutane would help that (once the acne clears, the red marks do as well, they just take a little more time) you could also try something topical first like tazorac if you haven't yet, but i definitely think accutane would help your case. i would listen to your doctors advice, in my experience, most of the red marks i had faded while i was on accutane, or shortly after.

also, i think you should go on accutane because your skin seems to be scarring, if you get on it now, you can prevent further scarring.

Who says that accutane is good for active acne only? It is also good for comedomal acne and for prevention of acne. I used to have the daily zit when I wake up everyday but now on accutane I don't anymore. In fact I am clear! Also those blackheads that are deep rooted on the sides of my nose have also dislodged which I thought in the past will never. I also had a lot of fleshed colored bumps on my forehead and cheeks before I started accutane, now one month on accutane, not only did they disappear, my face is actually smooth and zit free.

Just go for accutane.

Thanks for the replies, I rite now i am on noothing at all. I jus wash my face two times a day and moisturize with Aloe Vera Gel. I go back to the doctor early July. Hopefully i can get the accutane and i can put a end to this. You guys gave me some hope about tane :surprised:

It's never to late. What's your age?

accutane can treat any kind of acne, its just mainly used for cystic acne that doesn't respond to other curable methods.

but if you're willing to take the risk for accutane on your mild/moderate acne then its up to you.

it'll be just as effective.

it's not too late you could of course try other methods if your not sure if you want to take it yet.

it's not too late you could of course try other methods if your not sure if you want to take it yet.

I already tryed all those bullish topicals...They suck

Go for it, why should you live with this acne and these feelings when there is a medication out there that can help you?