Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mara89

I borrowed a dress and it has a huge stain on it

My friend lent me a dress for prom and i didnt notice that it had a huge stain on it, im sure that her dog was on her period and that she sat on it, lol

it sounds weird but uihuasdkasdkljc asd!!!!

she just called me saying that her niece is going to wear the dress too, my mom tried to wash it off but it won't fucking go away!!!!

is there any way i can get rid of that stain? :cry:

please help me, I'm in tears here!! :cry:

cold water, way cold. Soak for several hours and rinse, rinse, rinse. Blood can really only be removed with cold, hot sets it.

If your mom already used hot, then you could try oxy clean. Dissolve it in very hot water, apply it like a paste over the stain - allow to cool. Rinse with hot. If it's still there, but faded, do it again.

ok thanks lissa!! I already put it in cold water (with a few ice cubes lmao)

does anyone else have a method to get rid of them? :cry: any help is appreciated!!!

Hydrogen peroxide is great on blood stains. I'm guesing that Oxyclean would help too. Does your friend know about the stain??

Murphys oil soap works pretty well as well as vinegar might work. I read conflicting things about hydrogen peroxide possibly taking the color out of fabric but it's supposed to work great.

DO NOT use warm water or it will "cook" the stain into the fabric.

I had a dilema a while back and was stressing about a small blood stain. I tried all of these : white vinegar, murphys soap, ivory soap and several cold water soaks and it finally faded out to be non existant. I am not sure which one worked.

Dry cleaners? They got dark soda out of the whole leg of a white pair of pants for me...I was impressed!

There's a product called "Spot Shot" that works on blood, coffee, pet stains and everything else on carpets. I've actually tried it on clothes, too. I am a nurse so have a tendency to get blood stains on the clothing frequently. On all white clothing, I just use clorox bleach and that takes care of it after soaking in cool water. On colored uniform clothing I use Spot Shot. Worse came to worst with one set of whites as I inadvertently washed AND dried a ballpoint pen with the clothing. It burst all over everywhere and everything. Well, had to dye all of the clothes a pale blue to disguise the ink stains. That worked. :P

Since the dress is likely colored and maybe even silky, you'd need to test any product on an invisible area, one that's not seen when the dress is worn. Have you told your friend that the dress has a stain? I hope so, so she doesn't think you did it.

dude, good news! u can get blood out. Apply stainstick heavily ont he spot.. soak in hot water

and put on hot cycle. hang dry

also.. if all fails u can always just bleach it if its white.. why do i think its white i dotn even know