Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
diva82

Why does ProActiv work so well?

What's in Pro Activ that makes it work so well? I have used it for 2 days and my skin is already looking better.

My guess is the Benzoyl peroxide.

It doesn't work all that great for me. It's kind of so-so in effectiveness, I.M.O.

Some people love it though. And it is gentle, that's always good.

Doesn't work all that good on me, but the two main ingredients are Benzoyl Peroxide and Glycolic acid. My regimen consist of these two ingredients, but works much better for me than proactive.

I think it's several things (I love Proactiv, although it doesn't seem to work as well for me now as it used to). I think it's the exfoliating beads in the cleanser, which don't tear your skin but effectively unclog your pores. I think it's the proper PH balance of the system. I think it's the glycolic acid. And I think it's the right concentration of BP, so it works without being too irritating. The first time I tried Proactiv I noticed a difference within about 3 days. It was amazing! Unfortunately I didn't experience the same thing when I went back to it after stopping it. But I still find that it is really good for my skin even if it as not as effective as it used to be for me.

I'm glad it's working well for you - it worked well for most of us for short periods of time, then stopped working. The concentrations of the medication (Benzoil Peroxide and Salyic Acid) is wonky, so the long term performance doesn't always work. But it is those two ingredients (which you can get cheaper and in better doses at Wal-Mart) that make it work at all.

because jessica simpson and p diddy use it

:ninja:

ditto on that. proactiv worked for me for a short while then made things worse. it doesn't help having infected skin with many pustules

It didn't work for me either. Don't even get me started on Murad! Accutane worked for a few months, then stopped. Oh well, at least Pro Active is working for some.