Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yoshimi

Can someone help me with my regimen?

hi guys! i actually posted this in the OCM thread in the general products forum, but i figured mild to moderate would be the appropriate place to post this. so, i'll just copy and paste what i posted before:

is it okay to use 2.5% BP, AHA, and the baby brush method in conjunction with OCM? using BP, AHA, and the baby brush method is keeping my skin relatively clear, but my skin is still super oily. so i'd like to combat my oily skin with OCM. would that be okay? i was thinking about doing the baby brush method every other day, and on the days i don't do the baby brush method, i wanted to do OCM. as for the BP and AHA, i wanted to use those on a daily basis. so my regimen would go something like this:

AM:

wash with head to toe

BP

aloe vera

PM (1):

baby brush

AHA

BP

AM:

wash with head to toe

BP

aloe vera

PM (2):

OCM

AHA

BP

does OCM exfoliate the skin? because if it does, then i want to get rid of the baby brush method. anyway, does this new regimen look okay? can anyone give me some advice? thanks!

by the way, OCM is Oil Cleansing Method. i wanted to use 75% castor oil and 25% grape seed oil since i have really oily skin.

The OCM doesn't seem to do anything for exfoliation. It MIGHT clean, and it's up to you if you want to try it. ;) I myself don't know that I would risk it on my already very oily skin. But you never know, it might work great for you.

hi wynne! thank you for replying to my post! so you wouldn't recommend OCM for people with oily skin? i was under the impression that it works really well for people with oily skin... :think: i've read somewhere that using this method actually decreases the amount of oil your skin produces, so your skin is a lot less oily. well i guess i'll never know for sure until i try it out for myself, which i plan on doing real soon! i think i'll go pick up some oils at whole foods or something this weekend and embark on this journey to clear, beautiful, radiant, glowing skin! :dance:

How come you arent using the head to toe baby wash twice a day? Also I recommend complex15 as a moisturizer. It doesnt break out most people on this site. You need to hydrate your face. Those products look like your face will be too dry without moisturizer

hi molly! well i haven't started the regimen just yet. i actually use head to toe only at night right now in the shower, but with this new prospective regimen, i've figured that using a cleanser plus the OCM in one wash would be too much. so if i do end up continuing with the cleanser, i plan on using it only in the mornings.

i don't really like complex 15. i don't know, something about it just does not feel right on my face. i think the aloe vera that i'm using is very moisturizing. i'm using my mom's herbalife aloe vera gel, and it's really soothing and moisturizing! i've tried FOTE aloe vera before, but it wasn't nearly as moisturizing as the herbalife gel that i'm using right now. i love this stuff! :dance:

hi molly! well i haven't started the regimen just yet. i actually use head to toe only at night right now in the shower, but with this new prospective regimen, i've figured that using a cleanser plus the OCM in one wash would be too much. so if i do end up continuing with the cleanser, i plan on using it only in the mornings.

i don't really like complex 15. i don't know, something about it just does not feel right on my face. i think the aloe vera that i'm using is very moisturizing. i'm using my mom's herbalife aloe vera gel, and it's really soothing and moisturizing! i've tried FOTE aloe vera before, but it wasn't nearly as moisturizing as the herbalife gel that i'm using right now. i love this stuff! :dance:

I don't think the OCM is too much, or necessarily bad for your skin. You'll have to try it and see. If you can replace the Grape Seed with Emu or Jojoba that would be more ideal for acne prone skin. I know all the OCM sites say Grape Seed Oil is perfect for acne, they lie - it's comedogenic (although only mildly).

The method will exfoliate if you use a warm wet washcloth to remove the oils, but not if you use a tissue. Washcloths are the only manual exfoliation my skin will tolerate - even the baby brush is too harsh for me. Be sure to use the AHA in moderation until skin is fully adusted.

Let us know how it works out for you :D

I tried OCM before, and it works great! It's still good to use if your skin is oily because the oil dissolves oil. However, I find it better to use in the winter.

thanks ayla for the advice! i was going to use grape seed oil, but i guess i'll have to use something else now.

hey shimmery star, is your skin oily, too? how come you like using the method during the winter? is it bad to use in warmer weather? :think: