Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dvdgal

sunscreen for eyes

Hi All,

I wondering if anyone has encountered this problem. I'm easily get sunburn kinda person. So, I always put on sunscreen; however, I dont know what to do with the eyes. I tried to put sunscreen around my eyes and it stung me. My eyes went all watery. My eyes get sunburn all the time. When they do, man... they will swell like two walnuts and turn red... sighing....

Most sunscreen products advise against using them around the eyes.

I suggest wearing sunglasses. Most of the good one's these days have UV filters in the lenses. They can protect the delicate skin around the eyes where you can't safely apply sunscreen.

There are some eye creams with SPF in them. They're pretty expensive for such a little tub, but they don't sting like normal sunscreens do near your eyes. I borrowed my roommate's Nivea day eye cream for a while and liked it.

You shouldn't have that kind of problem if you use sunscreen below the eyes (which you want to do, especially if you're at all prone to dark circles). As far as above the eyes goes, I'd suggest a good pair of UVA/UVB-screening sunglasses and a wide-brimmed hat.

Sunglasses cause the bridge of my nose to breakout. So irritating! I just wanted to complain :)

And yeah, there are some eye creams/gels with spf if you don't want to risk using regular sunblock in the eye area (sometimes I do... :whistle:)

I can usually wear my sunblock around the eye area, but I have a spf eye cream that I use and liking! Its Murad essential c eye cream but I do find that its expensive for a tiny bottle (15ml) which is why taht after using this up, I wont be repurchasing

Thanks guys for all the comments!

I think I found my eye sunscreen. It's Kiehl's Ultra Moisturizing Eye Stick SPF 30. It's easy to carry and most importantly it's not drying my skin under eyes. I havent tried it with my concealers yet. Will have more updates. I dont know why but ever since I started to use BP, my face dry up and have more dry lines around my eyes. I used to put on tinted moisturizer under my eyes to hide dark circles, cant do it anymore, the tinited moisturizer makes my skin so dry and creates deep dry lines. I look 10 years older and tiring... Luckily I've been working from home for 2 weeks and no need to put on makeup in front of customers...