Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sw87

Please help? Question about alcohol

Hi,

i will be finishing my course of Roaccutane on 29th July. On the 5th August i will be going on holiday with my friends and will no doubt be consuming an excessive amount of alcohol. Is it ok for me to do this since i will have only been off roaccutane for a week.

I think some of the isotretinoin will still be in your system, but much, much less than if you were still actively on it. You should probably ask a medical professional just to be sure.

Considering that Accutane's effects continue in the body after cessation of Accutane for sometimes up to two months afterwards, you likely still have Accutane in your system at one week after stopping Accutane.

Blood donors who have taken Accutane must wait at least one month to donate blood in order to ensure that Accutane is out of the system. I am not sure if that is current regulation, but it was 10 years ago when I was studying nursing in the first place.

Depends on how many brain and liver cells you'd like to lose. If you want to lose a LOT, then drink excessively one week after your Accutane course is ended.

If you want to lose only a few....drink moderately. ;)