Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
demoiselle

Demoiselle's *New* Log!!!

Day 1

A few days ago I recieved the Serum Test Kit via mail and followed the instructions to test my face. I cleansed my face with my regular cleanser, dried my skin, then applied the 10% Glycolic Acid to my right cheek first. It didn't burn, but it did tingle. It was a 2 for more than 3 minutes, so that was dubbed too strong for me (as per instructions) so I moved on to the 5% Glycolic Acid on the left cheek. That one didn't do anything, so as per instructions...that was the right one for me. I emailed the results to Laura and she got back to me with the products I would need, and I gave her the go ahead to charge them to me and mail them out.

I just got the package (took 2 days to get here) and I started with the Evening Routine. Right now I use the Acne Wash, Ice face on breakouts for 2 minutes, use Acne Med for 15 minutes (for 3 days then move to 30 min), wash off Acne Med with Acne Wash, apply Salicylic Antiseptic Toner, then the Cranberry Cream for the first two weeks only.

For my morning routine it says to use the Acne Wash, Ice breakouts for 2 min, apply Salicylic Antiseptic Toner, then apply thin coat of 5% Glycolic Serum every other day for the first two weeks, then apply the Oil Free SPF 30 Sunblock.

I'm so excited to start on this journey!! I wish I could go to the clinic to get treatments from Laura!! If I just had the money to do it! Right now I just washed the Acne Med off, so I'm off to do the rest of the routine and then I'm headed to bed!

Day 1

A few days ago I recieved the Serum Test Kit via mail and followed the instructions to test my face. I cleansed my face with my regular cleanser, dried my skin, then applied the 10% Glycolic Acid to my right cheek first. It didn't burn, but it did tingle. It was a 2 for more than 3 minutes, so that was dubbed too strong for me (as per instructions) so I moved on to the 5% Glycolic Acid on the left cheek. That one didn't do anything, so as per instructions...that was the right one for me. I emailed the results to Laura and she got back to me with the products I would need, and I gave her the go ahead to charge them to me and mail them out.

I just got the package (took 2 days to get here) and I started with the Evening Routine. Right now I use the Acne Wash, Ice face on breakouts for 2 minutes, use Acne Med for 15 minutes (for 3 days then move to 30 min), wash off Acne Med with Acne Wash, apply Salicylic Antiseptic Toner, then the Cranberry Cream for the first two weeks only.

For my morning routine it says to use the Acne Wash, Ice breakouts for 2 min, apply Salicylic Antiseptic Toner, then apply thin coat of 5% Glycolic Serum every other day for the first two weeks, then apply the Oil Free SPF 30 Sunblock.

I'm so excited to start on this journey!! I wish I could go to the clinic to get treatments from Laura!! If I just had the money to do it! Right now I just washed the Acne Med off, so I'm off to do the rest of the routine and then I'm headed to bed!

I actually have inflamed acne, but the 10% was too much for my skin to handle that's why I started on a lower dosage.

It's been 3 days and I've seen such a drastic improvement in my face! No kidding! The zits on my forehead are almost completely gone, and 1 that had just formed before I started the regimen has completely flattened. I'm so incredibly happy with the results so far. Tomorrow I start wearing the Acne Med for 30 minutes at night. Anyways just wanted to do a quick update!

I actually have inflamed acne, but the 10% was too much for my skin to handle that's why I started on a lower dosage.

It's been 3 days and I've seen such a drastic improvement in my face! No kidding! The zits on my forehead are almost completely gone, and 1 that had just formed before I started the regimen has completely flattened. I'm so incredibly happy with the results so far. Tomorrow I start wearing the Acne Med for 30 minutes at night. Anyways just wanted to do a quick update!

The regimine is still working wonderfully for me! Thursday it will be 1 week. My skin tone has evened out a little bit, and the Acne Med hasn't dryed my skin out at all. The only thing I need to remember is the icing of the pimples. Sometimes I forget when I'm getting ready for the day because I'm rushed.

The regimine is still working wonderfully for me! Thursday it will be 1 week. My skin tone has evened out a little bit, and the Acne Med hasn't dryed my skin out at all. The only thing I need to remember is the icing of the pimples. Sometimes I forget when I'm getting ready for the day because I'm rushed.

Wow, you had drastic improvement in only three days? Geez. I think it took me a few weeks, not days, to see any real dramatic results. But hey, I'm not complaining!

I also often forget to ice my face. Actually, for the past few weeks, I've been really lazy about icing my face. I should do that again for extra preventative measures and because I can't take this summer heat. *sweats*

So how hot is it in Arizona? Today it's like 94 degrees. Sweat isn't exactly acne-friendly, is it?

I mostly just saw dramatic results on my forehead, I did have a couple breakouts today when I woke up. I think in AZ it's getting into the 100's right now, which is absolutely horrible but we deal with it.

Sounds like your regimen is going good. My daughter also forgets to ice her face. When she does do it she doesn't do it a full 2 minutes she complains that it gives her a HA and that the ice is too cold. And as far as the heat goes...It has been miserable here at our place. 115 degree and HUMID...I could not beleive that my daughter actually went to soccer practice today. And it's suppose to be hotter tomorrow. Right now it is 10 PM and it's 99 degrees. YUCK!

Listening to you all talk about the weather makes me glad to be living right outside of San Francisco, in Alameda. It rarely gets over 85 here! I spent 8 or so miserable years in Sacramento and Davis though - we lots of days over 100 degrees - hated it!!!

So, since you are going about everything via mail. What are you doing about facials and extractions. I think my daughter is going to have to start doing her follow ups via email and snail mail but I hate to see her give up the extractions and facials. But, I just won't be able to continue the long drive.

Hi Demoiselle, I can't believe I find someone doing the long distance treatment on the forum!! I'm actually thinking about that too. I've been e-mailing the clinic but haven't made the serum kit purchase yet. Before that, I want to find a local beauty therapist first who could do the extractions and peels for me. Whoever it was from the clinic who replied my e-mail said that it would really help. Anyway, yay I'm so glad I stumbled upon your log! It would be so much better to know I'm not alone :) Do keep us updated.