Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

lip balm

i keep having break outs round my lip line/mouth only,i have chnaged my lip balm/lipsticks ect and still happening.

could this be due to acnegenic products on lips? can anyone offer advice/relate?

i keep having break outs round my lip line/mouth only,i have chnaged my lip balm/lipsticks ect and still happening.

could this be due to acnegenic products on lips? can anyone offer advice/relate?

I ready that can happen if you're allegic/sensitive to your toothpaste or something you're eating. I mostly got rid of mine by showering/washing my face after brushing my teeth. I switched through brands, but most of them did it to me. Maybe you could have better luck with this method?

I imagine the process of elimination for a food allergy could be more tough. I think maybe when I eat really spices foods and some spreads past my lips, it can irritate that skin and cause me to breakout.

I think some lip balms can be comedogenic, too. I switched through a lot of them to no avail, before I heard the toothpaste thing. Maybe check your lip balm ingredients against what's mentioned on the first post of this thread: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Biggest-M...ne-t102347.html . And what's on this website: http://www.geocities.com/mcsworld2000/comedogenic.htm . I've found a better one before, but can't seem to today. You can search it on google. Try variations on: "comedogenic".

My current lip balms that don't seem to break me out are Neutrogena's tinted lip balm and Burt's Bees honey lip balm.