Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toHelenaHandbasket

eye makeup: brushes vs. sponge applicators

I was feeling depressed this past weekend, so I went shopping and impulse-purchased a couple hundred dollars' worth in eye makeup brushes at the MAC counter. Should I return them? Are brushes really much better than regular sponge applicators?

Brushes are definitely better. You can't blend with sponge applicators...they are completely useless.

I'm not sure what working for MAC has to do with anything. It's not like I said that only MAC brushes are good. Brushes in general are much better for eye shadow application, whether it be MAC brushes, Bobbi Brown, Sephora, Lancome, random drug store brands, whatever.

The main type of brush you need is a blending brush, which has longer bristles that aren't super dense.

Just having ANY brush makes a big difference to me. I'd rather have a variety of different sized brushes from the drugstore than splurging on one expensive high end one that I'd have to continually wash.

I always use brushes. I got a whole bunch of really high quality brushes at a trade show a few years ago. I still have ones I didn't use. I never use the sponge applicators that come with eyeshadows.....brushes give you more even application and are great for blending.....

I've heard a lot of people rave about the line of brushes at CVS pharmacies. It's called something like Essence of Beauty. Should be far cheaper than your Mac brushes.

essence of beauty brushes are great.. buuttt MAC is far superior [i feel]. i have only used a sponge one time and that was enough for me. they are a waste of time..

i agree with using brushes. It blends way much easier and your more in control.

I use Everyday Minerals premium kabuki brush which is 12.00 USD.