Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LBuckingham

Feeling horrible--questions.

Let me quickly fill you guys in on my story. I have had acne since I was 14--but it wasn't bad at all. A few zits here and there, but I would cover them with makeup and you couldn't even tell they were there. Then I started university, and the week before finals I noticed I had a zit deep inside my skin. It grew and grew until it became a proper cyst that stuck out of my face. My dermatologist drained it 3 times, but it filled up those three times. Then I started getting more cysts. I currently have 4--one on my left cheek, one on my right, one on my chin, and one on the side of my face. The dermatologist wanted to cut them out, but I dont want to have 4 scars on my face!

I started Accutane 2 1/2 weeks ago, and so far it has cleared ALL of my small zits except for the cysts. I have completely clear skin except for these four lumps. 3 of them are not that noticable, but the one on my left cheek is MASSIVE. Bigger than the size of a quarter. And they are SO painful. They are soft too...

Im just feeling really sad about the whole situation. Im sick of people asking whats on my face, sick of being stared at. I don't want to leave my house because of it.

Will these cysts go away with Accutane? Will they get better?

Thanks for reading, I just wanted to get things off my chest. Please help if you can!