Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm experiencing a lot of irritation in week 4 of the regimen and my little brother has similar acne and is able to keep it under control with using the regimen once a day. Is this possible? I was also thinking that once a day might help redmarks fade faster? I was on retinoids for a long time and the life cycle of a pimple was like a week, then the mark would be completely gone, and now on DKR I get one and the mark seems to never go away. I'm close to clear but it doesn't look much better than when I was on the retinoids cuz i have a bunch of red marks. I want to stick with this but I was clear on retinoids, I stopped cuz I was so red and oily all the time, the oiliness is gone with DKR but now I have acne again and pretty bad redness. If I stick with DKR exactly as directed and find a balance will the redness and redmarks ever be completely gone? How long? :redface:

For some people, once a day is enough for them, but not everyone. Basically the only way you can find out is by trying it out yourself. My redness faded away the longer I was on the regimen, and now I'm at the point where putting on BP gel is like putting on anything else--a little redness from the act of applying it, but the gel itself doesn't irritate my skin at all. For redmarks, using an AHA moisturizer can help get rid of those faster, and once you've adjusted to the full amount of BP, you can start using one if you like. Lac Hydrin 5 and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion are the most popular with the regimen.

Also, week 4 isn't very far into the regimen, you're probably not quite used to using the full amount of BP now. I definitely still had plenty of active acne at that point. The clearing process is gradual, and you really start getting clear when you've been using the full amount of BP for a while, since it's preventing new acne rather than just drying out existing acne.