Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

as my name says - i've tried everything. nothing ever seemed to be working to my satisfaction. nothing is fast enough or strong enough. i have pretty severe acne. i dont know all the correct terms, but i get the big painful red ones, and the smaller ones. i dont really have any black heads though, so if thats your problem - i dunno if this will work for you or not. but to keep this short and simple (bc i hate reading through paragraphs of crap b4 they tell their regimin) here it is!

i wash my face with a salicylic acid face wash, usually twice (because i find with wearing make up i have to wash twice to get it all off) and warm/hot water.

after towel drying i put on murads gel exfoliant (the second step in the murad treatment) and sometimes i let it dry, sometimes i dont. im not sure if it makes a difference.

this exfoliant is great for the type of acne i have (the painful bumps). i learned from my dr a couple weeks ago using a grainy exfoliant only SPREADS this type of acne - so if you have the same type STOP USING IT. this exfoliant dissolves the dead skin cells on the surface. sounds harsh to you "all natrual" nuts, but the dr said its great. and really - it works.

next i use a BP lotion, but sometimes BP spot treatment, all over my face. right now i am using the proactive repairing lotion, with benzoyle perozide in it. once i run out ill probably just get something with BP in it from the store, since you cant buy it seperate from the rest of the products (if you can - let me know)

at night i put differin on over this all. you have to get differin from a dermatologist, and you probably could skip this stuff. i dont know how much it helps, but i heard it fades spots pretty well.. and i guess it might be for me

during the day before make up (if my face is really dry - which it will be for you and was for me when first starting this) i put on a salicylic acid lotion - i use the clean and clear purple topped one (lol)

i put this on after the salicylic exfoliant, and before the BP.

all sylicylic acid products always go on before any BP, except spot treatment (for me)

and ALWAYS remember to put on SPF on your face!!!!!!acne or no acne, this is VERY important. i use an oil free lotion after putting the rest on.

for spot treatment, i use a salicylic acid product. any will do, im sure.

tip for murad: its expensive. i think if you get the whole regimin its cheaper. i use the face wash they offer, it has salicylic acid in it.

the whole reason this works is because you combine all of these things! the exfoliant has salyicilic & glycolic acids, which i read somewhere that it does something i dont remember, but using it before BP makes the BP work better. so basically - salycilic acid and benzoyl peroxide work well together.i feel bad that i cant tell you exactly why... but my face has cleared up a great amount in just 2 weeks! its not perfect, i still get pimples.. but it didnt seem to have a period that it got worse b4 better.. but then again my acne was so bad i wouldnt have noticed if it did haha.

you can probably us any salicylic acid product after washing your face, and then any BP product after that and have some great results, but these are what has worked for me.

let me know if you have any questions or comments on how i can improve what im doing!

(ps - i use mineral make up. www.everydayminerals.com)

well after being on here a month ago i traded everything in for just natural products and THAT is when my face broke out like crazy. i tried to wait it out but after a few weeks it was just soooooo bad so i went back to looking at products they make to get rid of acne.

and oddly enough - i still have a face.

not only do i have a face, but i have a clearer face.

they make these products for a reason, and its not just to make money.

well after being on here a month ago i traded everything in for just natural products and THAT is when my face broke out like crazy. i tried to wait it out but after a few weeks it was just soooooo bad so i went back to looking at products they make to get rid of acne.

and oddly enough - i still have a face.

not only do i have a face, but i have a clearer face.

they make these products for a reason, and its not just to make money.

oh thats strange. you'd think if that was the case they wouldnt bother with research and nothing would ever work for anyone.

lots of acne products work for lots of people. it all depends on your skin.

if this is clearing up my skin, how can you argue that?

i hope it helps someone else out there too!

just one other person and i would feel so good because i know how badly acne affects ones life.

Well congratulations, Im glad you found something that works for you. I would def. have to agree with the above post though, If I used that much stuff my face would give me hell, haha, but my face gives me hell for using the wrong cleanser.

Secondly not all companies make products just to turn a profit. Yes, many do, such as neutrogena. I can safely say that because any company that takes up half an aisle in walmart is not trying to help people. Especially when half of the products are all the same just using different names. They are in it for a profit. But there are ones that actually try to help people, Paulas choice, Dan Kern, La Roche Posay, Dermalogica, etc.

its not like im putting straight up acid on my face, its all in such small doses that it doesnt melt your skin off.

also, i talked to the dr. he said to use these things... and he studied skin. he went to college for this kinda stuff.

plain soap just isnt gonna cut it.

Oh yes I agree, plain soap doesnt cut it. I just have very sensitive skin. I use a cream based cleanser and my face dries out. I use a moisturizer with certain ingredients in it and my face gets red and irritated. So using that much stuff on my face would bother me. Thats not to say it bothers everyone. Your a perfect example. Really your regimen just consists of Salicylic acid and Benzoyl perozide which is a great combination against acne. I just use a cleanser BP and aloe vera as my moisturizer and those 3 alone keep my acne under control. I feel better putting as little on my face as possible.

And in case your wondering because I read above that you werent sure why, Salicylic acid penetrates into your pores and breaks down the oils and dead skin cells that are clogging, allowing the benzoyl peroxide to penetrate deeper into the pores and kill the bacteria

hi,

i just started using clean and clear sa was in the purple bottle. it is really helping to clear my skin up. in the past whenever i have used sa washes for more than a week or so they started to irritate my eyes and make them tear and burn. im hoping that doesnt happen with the clean and clear. which sa wash do u use? does it irritate ur eyes?

hi,

i just started using clean and clear sa was in the purple bottle. it is really helping to clear my skin up. in the past whenever i have used sa washes for more than a week or so they started to irritate my eyes and make them tear and burn. im hoping that doesnt happen with the clean and clear. which sa wash do u use? does it irritate ur eyes?