Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

How long does food keep affecting you once you stop it?

Let's say you eat X constantly, and X causes a reaction to you. Once you stop eating X, how long will it take to stop affecting you? Immediately? Or a few days? If so, what's a general time frame for it to completely clear from your body?

as in when the pimple stops forming? cuz if that's the case then a while. I feel sluggish after I eat certain foods like sweets and stuff. The next morning normally I'm fine.

Let's say you eat X constantly, and X causes a reaction to you. Once you stop eating X, how long will it take to stop affecting you? Immediately? Or a few days? If so, what's a general time frame for it to completely clear from your body?

as in when the pimple stops forming? cuz if that's the case then a while. I feel sluggish after I eat certain foods like sweets and stuff. The next morning normally I'm fine.

Depends on what that food is, what you eat it with, your genetics, your environment, and your activity levels.

There are no simple solutions.

I have a bad reaction to gluten. For me, it takes a day or two for my body to get back to normal.

I may also be having bad reactions to dairy (I'm still testing this one). This reaction also seems to last a day or two.

I read somewhere - and google won't tell me where that people on certain diets cycle their food every 5 days so the body doesn't get used to it or something, i'm pretty sure it was a book on amazon about diets. Although the bad reactions to food happen fairly quickly i think, usually within 48hrs. I guess it depends on a lot of factors and each individual. I also read somewhere that takes upto 30 days for your body to totally flush out toxins you've absorbed.

Yeah :) Basically if say you eat something that your body will react to, how long does that reaction last and till when can it show u?

i read in a book by Dr Colbain that the mucus from drinking dairy takes a year or more to clear from the system. don't know how true this is.

i read in a book by Dr Colbain that the mucus from drinking dairy takes a year or more to clear from the system. don't know how true this is.

hmm a question im wondering is how long does it take for acne to appear after you've consumed something that breaks you out?

I'm not sure and might be wrong, but probably 1-2 weeks

Your body digiust most foods in less than a week

hmm a question im wondering is how long does it take for acne to appear after you've consumed something that breaks you out?

1-2 weeks? I think all foods digest at least within 24 hours and probably wouldn't take that long. I still don't know. I thought that dairy broke me out but I'm not sure if it was just coincidence. argg. Anyone else?

Yeah it normally affects me within 12 hours to 2 days as well.

But its mostly if I go stupid and eat loads of the offending food like chocolate and have cakes like cherry bakewells :).

So far I have been wheat and dairy free for 2 days lol...i keep seeing the food cupboard full of bakwells and cake and so much stuff but im really determined to do this for at least a week to see if their is an improvement.