Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been using liquid foundation by Cover Girl for almost 2 years now. I had no problems with it before, but I started breaking out at the beginning of this year and continued using the same foundation to cover up my pimples/red marks. Now, it seems that pimples tend to pop up on the areas of my face where I apply this makeup. Maybe I'm just paranoid, because it's oil free foundation, but I wanted to get some other opinions.

Here's a list of the components: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, Peg/PPG18/18 dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylxehanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium sulfate, Silica, Laureth-7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxistearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Trisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Barum Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron oxides, Mica.

All you makeup experts, can you tell me if any of these components are harmful to acne-prone skin? Also, is there any other kind of concealer/foundation I can use that won't cause breakouts?

Thanks!

Everyone's skin is different, so people's reactions to different types of ingredients vary.

An ingredient that may cause you to break out may be fine for someone else.

I suggest that if you suspect your makeup is breaking you out, don't use it. Stay makeup free, and see how that works for you. If your breakouts stop, it could be the makeup causing the pimples.

Hope this helps some. :)

well, if you have any suspicion that it could be breaking you out, try out some different foundations. no harm in that, right? I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but try mineral makeup; it doesn't break too many people out and looks natural. You can get free samples at many websites, try everydayminerals.com but there are many others.

If you don't like powdery minerals, I personally like Physicians formula mineral wear. Its a liquid mineral makeup. There are a lot of foundations out there that are better than covergirl!

I use Almay (recommended by my derm) and it works pretty well. It's not very thick, so if you want full coverage it works only ok, but better than nothing, huh? In the past I have also used Neutrogena foundation and am thinking about going back to that because it has sunscreen in it and is good for being outside all the time in the summer.

I really hated Clean makeup (it smells like floor cleaner or something), but I don't know if it has a reputation for breaking people out or anything.

I use Revlon Colorstay and absolutely love it-- you'll find many other devotees here.