Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarBQLover

Great to be back!!!!

I really missed this site, especially Gus, Sita Atis, lexfx, and everybody else, and I have to say, these new boards are looking REALLY GOOD.

Ok, I didn't really miss the acne talk per se, but I missed the true comaraderie we have here. I actually went to healthboards.com for a few days and was kicked off due to their fascist policy of not even "alluding" to any other web sites. I didn't mention acne.org, I just said that I had posted on another acne site. Next thing I know...POOF!.....I have my account eliminated without warning. Give me a break!! I then e-mailed the moderator saying that even though I agreed to the terms of posting on healthboards, it still couldn't stop my overall displeasure at these ridiculous ideas that mentioning any web site is free advertising? Uh, I think we can decide that on our own accord, thank you very much. If I mention "CNN.com", I am some ultra-conservative, militia-forming weirdo in my own basement nut case who is promoting CNN??? Come On...I was then told to please not waste the moderators' time since it is SUCH a chore to edit posts......I replied that if the moderators did not want to moderate, then a career change ought to be pursued. Apparently, that didn't go over too well since I was told never to return to healthboards.....

Anyway, great to be back, loving this new format!

Hey BarBQue!!!!! - how the hell are ya!!!!!!!!!!!! And where are all my other pals - lets get a roll-call happening here.

Man, its great to be back - and these new boards ROCK!

BarBQue - that healthboards story is funny - they're off they're heads over there.

Great to see you back, Gus old buddy!!! How has the recuperation from laser been? Any problems with the cysts?? Burned some extra incense to the "acne control gods" on your behalf :D

Moreso about the healthboards story, after I posted my first message there, a person named rotten apple replied that he/she also had posted here and he/she was wondering if you happened to make the journey over to healthboards. I replied I didn't really think you would want to go over there, especially since healthboards seems like quite a few 16 year old types who fret over a pimple or two (though there are some hardened veterans who have gone through quite a few peels and dermabrasions). Next thing I know, I'm profiled as a rebel!

Anyway, glad to hear from ya, Gus. I'm doing quite well myself, thanks for asking.

Glad this board is up and running. How are you two? Gus, give us an update on how things are going with the second laster treatment. Wishing all of you well.

Hiya Dallas - nice to see some more familiar names.

Hey BarbQ - a rebel? yeah, some might see that - I see you more as a spokesman.

That healthboards is too damn big - a new thread could disappear in a couple of hours. I don't think I could identify with a lot of the users there - but if there are some veterans there... anyway I'd end up banned just like my rebel friend BarbQ. The S cream will Rise again!!!!! LOL!

Yeah guys thanks for asking about me post laser - I'm doing GREAT! I remember Molly (where are you girl?) saying that up to 3 months after the op the skin will keep improving - and its true, my skin is looking real nice now. I can look in any mirror now and be happy with my reflection - that is a BIG deal for me. Dark windows are still a big no-no of course, but the glances I have chanced show my face that little less severe - so right now I'm feeling pretty damn good about my face. I go back next month, and I'll try arrange another op next summer.

My cyst crisis ended as soon as I dumped that blasted sunscreen, the lump under my jaw lasted a good 3 weeks, and I was resigned to the fact that it was a lump of dead skin sticking out of my face for the rest of my life, I was actually hoping for a crater instead of it - but one morning I got up, there was blood, and it was gone - tiny little blueish mark is still there but no scar. I'll chalk that one down to the "acne control gods" LOL!

Another story before I go - one morning got up, took off my trusty scar sheets, left them on the sink, washed-up, go to work. Come home - do whatever, listening to cd (DLR Band ROCKS!!!!!) look over at my little white syprex box that stores the sheets and cream, and say to myself did I put the sheets back???? Of course I didn't. Where are they? - right now contributing to the pollution of the Irish sea - Yep, Mammy dearest dumped them, thinking they were and I quote "waste" .

I'm laughing now - and I knew it was only a matter of time before it happened. Got onto Mark for new set - he only sends one back!!!!! but in fairness he sent the other out straight away didn't charge postage, and threw in another roll of tape. So its smiles all round again.

Can't wait to talk to you guys again.

Oh man, sorry to hear about your mums throwing out your "waste" (hmmm....silicone sheets cut in an odd way next to a tube of cream. What is that boy up to :?: )

I have my own little silicone sheet experiences, Gus. I have the sheets in three areas: a big sheet right smack in the middle of my forehead, a smaller one underneath my right eye, and a wee-little square on the other side of my nose. For some reason, this last one doesn't stick on very well, probably due to the contours of my face, and every morning I wake up, I have to don my Sherlock Holmes spectacles and pipe to find this sheet which is no bigger than a fingernail. At first, I would keep looking all over my bed for the sheet and couldn't find it. Dismayed and accepting the fact that was about $5 of silicone sheeting that I lost, I would scratch my head to realize that it was stuck in my hair! Or sometimes it stick to my neck! I'm just glad I didn't start using the sheets at college, where we sometimes had 3 in the morning fire drills which would require us to go outside for the drill. Not knowing where my cut sheet would be, I would soon find out when the whole building points and laughs at my lost sheet hanging from my nose!

Yeah, I have never told my family about these sheets either and have become very deft at avoiding people so they can't see things taped to my face :D

Hey everyone! I'm glad to see names I recognise again.

I was actually informed by someone here that the new boards are up. I didn't go to any acne boards when this was closed down, I remember reading stuff at the Healthboards before, the one where there was a link to the saline injections but then a mod took the link away and said if we wanted to find it, just do a search and I did a search and I couldn't find that particular article at all and I was like GRR YOU STUPID PEOPLE WITH YOUR STUPID RULES! Helpful links are not advertisements!

BarBQLover, that's really bad of them to treat you like that, if they didn't have time to do their jobs as moderators they shouldn't be moderators. Plus just because you said you came from another board is not advertising, the world is full of idiots with small minds. That's why I like acne.org more, plus Dan who runs this site is definately a lot nicer, and I think you guys are nicer too.

Hey Sita, great to see you back again!!!! I was wondering if we were ever going to hear from you again!

How's the artwork coming? I remember checking out your site some months ago and being really impressed!

Things have been very busy so I won't be around much, same goes with doing artwork, I take ages for one thing but I don't have time for anything til exams are over. Ah it all sucks it's stressing me out. Thanks BarBQLover! I didn't know you had gone to my site before.

hi all

i am so glad that this site is back i missed it and so glad that all the old faces are back; isnt this new format excellent!!!!

Gus i am so glad that ur face is better and hope that it continues to improve

are u still using sycream?

molly

Welcome Back Molly!!! - great to see you here again.

Yeah I'm still using it - and the sheets.

Thanks for your advice during my post laser 'period' LOL! I really appreciated it - I used a LOT more Vaseline - drank plenty of water - and your words about how my face would continually improve for 3 months after the laser were a good comfort - AND TRUE!

Hope to see lots more of you around here again.

Barbqlover,

I read your first reply..lol..

THe same thing has happened to me at healthboards, they are so paranoid there!

I tried to go there this evening and I can't even get in the site! I'm wondering if they banned my IP number or something. Has anyone tried to go there today?

I never do anything wrong, like you did accidently mention another message board, but I have seen other people mention other sites and the moderaters just edit them and they still post right after that. I don't know what their deal is. Maybe they just like picking on some people.