Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm thinking about adding some stuff to my regimen from the book "The Acne Cure" by T.J. Dubrow, and it recommends using glycolic acid, rinsing it off, and then using BP. However, I've never purchased glycolic acid products before and I'm not sure where to look. I was talking to a girl at the pharmacy, and there were so many different products, but none of them sounded like the anything i was looking for.

All I know is that it recommends something between 8-10%, and he recommends using Gly Derm, Cellex-C, Total Skin Care, and Physician's Elite. However, I saw none of these products on the shelves, and the websites I've been to so far do not ship to Canada. Anyone able to help me out? Any Canadians know of equivalent products?

Just to add, I looked around on this forum and read a couple more sections of the book, and it looks like I'm looking for a glycolic acid cleansing wash.

Just to add, I looked around on this forum and read a couple more sections of the book, and it looks like I'm looking for a glycolic acid cleansing wash.

I use MD Fortes Glycare cleanser, I get it through my dermatolgist though. I know some of the MD Forte products are hard to get in Canada...I am in Alberta....and can no longer get their toner, so I am using another Glycolic toner called Boldcare, but it is through my dermatologist again and otherwise all I know is that it is from Israel...(so that tells you how hard it is to find good glycolic products here in Canada)....

I love love love the Glycare, if you can get your hands on it, I totally think it's worth it...

A person PM'd me and said they use this stuff http://www.mdformulations.com/shopping/pro...p;iProductID=11

MD Formulations facial cleanser. Apparently its 12% glycolic acid.

Anyone use this stuff? Apparently they also make a version for oily skin, but the book recommends that you dont strip all the oils from your face because apparently its beneficial to have some oil on the top because it helps fight bacteria on the surface (and quite frankly, the oily-skin version of the Neostrata glycolic wash I bought REALLY dries me out).

I'm thinking about adding some stuff to my regimen from the book "The Acne Cure" by T.J. Dubrow, and it recommends using glycolic acid, rinsing it off, and then using BP. However, I've never purchased glycolic acid products before and I'm not sure where to look. I was talking to a girl at the pharmacy, and there were so many different products, but none of them sounded like the anything i was looking for.

All I know is that it recommends something between 8-10%, and he recommends using Gly Derm, Cellex-C, Total Skin Care, and Physician's Elite. However, I saw none of these products on the shelves, and the websites I've been to so far do not ship to Canada. Anyone able to help me out? Any Canadians know of equivalent products?

A person PM'd me and said they use this stuff http://www.mdformulations.com/shopping/pro...p;iProductID=11

Anyone use this stuff? Apparently they also make a version for oily skin, but the book recommends that you dont strip all the oils from your face because apparently its beneficial to have some oil on the top because it helps fight bacteria on the surface (and quite frankly, the oily-skin version of the Neostrata glycolic wash I bought REALLY dries me out).

Hi juag

I've used the MD Formulations cleanser but it did nothing for my skin, I broke out from it which now thinking back, my skin might have just been purging. I used the remaining product on my body which also did absolutely nothing at all. I;ve read that MD Forte is similar to MD Formulations but a lot stronger so I guess you dont wanna use that. I guess you try a sample of the MD Formulations before investing in the full product