Notifications
Clear all

Has anybody broken out from Lentils.

MemberMember
(@h20)

Posted : 06/28/2007 6:17 pm

As the topic says.

I have had breakouts each time i have introduced them, it may be a coincidence but its the only change. If it is the case im not sure why lentils would break me out.

MemberMember
(@thebaron)

Posted : 06/28/2007 7:38 pm

no, but of course everyone's different. A food allergy I guess?

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 06/28/2007 8:30 pm

Do you soak them overnight in water before cooking them?

MemberMember
(@soundofsilence)

Posted : 06/28/2007 8:55 pm

I eat alot of homemade lentil soup..I get no new breakouts from it.

MemberMember
(@h20)

Posted : 06/28/2007 9:01 pm

The only thing i can think of is he phytic acid in lentils.

I have the no added salt canned lentils.

So i'd say they have been soaked for a long while being on the shelves.

I do get a sore stomach after eating them aswell, but with acne you cant be certain as there are so many factors involved that there may be another trigger happening on these same occasions that i eat lentils, so who knows i guess.

MemberMember
(@oceanmist)

Posted : 06/28/2007 9:05 pm

yeah... split pea soup gives me cysts. and really bad stomach ache/ diarrhea. probably cuz lentils are hard to digest... and also i have a soy allergy, and lentils are in the same family as soy.

MemberMember
(@kaleidoscope)

Posted : 06/28/2007 9:19 pm

The only thing i can think of is he phytic acid in lentils.

I have the no added salt canned lentils.

So i'd say they have been soaked for a long while being on the shelves.

I do get a sore stomach after eating them aswell, but with acne you cant be certain as there are so many factors involved that there may be another trigger happening on these same occasions that i eat lentils, so who knows i guess.

MemberMember
(@legend)

Posted : 06/28/2007 11:07 pm

Yep, I did a double blind placebo study with 20 subjects. Myself and my 19 other schizophrenic friends. I was able to carefully consider the dozens of variables of life in diet, exercise, genetics, etc, and definitely without a doubt pinpoint the root cause of acne to lentils, and of course it triggered my acne within seconds. Just so you know.

MemberMember
(@cyph31)

Posted : 06/29/2007 11:50 am

triggered your acne within seconds? that sounds like a serious allergic reaction ? did you have trouble breathing and extreme inflammation ? my only serious allergic reaction is soy and even that takes at least a day to form something inflammatory on my skin

MemberMember
(@jen121)

Posted : 06/29/2007 11:55 am

all types of beans break me out, I avoid them

MemberMember
(@legend)

Posted : 06/29/2007 6:14 pm

triggered your acne within seconds? that sounds like a serious allergic reaction ? did you have trouble breathing and extreme inflammation ? my only serious allergic reaction is soy and even that takes at least a day to form something inflammatory on my skin
MemberMember
(@swagger-singh)

Posted : 04/08/2019 5:36 am

Been on this high protein diet for 2 months now and my acne has gone real bad real fast. I've narrowed the cause to CANNED beans and lentils because I was fine while I was having home cooked lentils and beans.

MemberMember
(@reneeawen)

Posted : 04/21/2019 11:04 pm

Not unless I have a TON of them, which aggravates my gut and THEN causes me to break out, but I don't consume them like that anymore. I use to train at the gym a lot and thought they were a huge necessity, but I failed to consume them properly. If anything, the oil I use to cook the lentils in was what was causing me to break out. Soaked or not, I would recommend cooking them properly. I also eat more red lentils than regular brown ones, and the only ones I soak are French green lentils. Maybe these videos will help?: ( I apologize that the YouTube links on this website are so huge)

If you find any other oil free lentil recipes that are easy on the gut and skin then please do explore them for yourself and share your experiences with us!