Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jackman27

How do I apply suncream while on the regimen?

Hi, i'm going to Portugal in a few months, and seeing as its a hot country, i'm going to be sweating quite a lot. So I looked around on the UK regimen suncreams(because im from UK) to see which one had the highest praise, and one of them is located in my local boots chemist.

I'm going to buy it, but first I just have a few questions :)

First being, how do I apply this suncream to my face, while being on the regimen? Do I not use moisturizer as well or do I just use sun cream for the regimen when in the sun? And also, will my face be ok if I apply all 3, regimen cream, then the moisturizer( as normal) then apply the suncream?

And lastly, if I go into the sea, will my face be ok? or should I not use the regimen at all in the sun/day time and instead just suncream and apply the regimen at night?

Hope you guys understood my questions, thanks a lot. :)

If your skin isn't too dry, you can just use the sunblock in place of a moisturizer during the day (but remember to reapply it every few hours). But if your skin is kinda dry, you definitely can use the sunblock on top of a moisturizer, I do that sometimes. I like to wait a few minutes for the moisturizer to dry before putting on the sunblock, it helps with the texture.

If you're going swimming, you can do the regimen as normal morning and night, but just reapply sunblock pretty often. Don't worry about your acne or the products washing off, just have fun!

If your skin isn't too dry, you can just use the sunblock in place of a moisturizer during the day (but remember to reapply it every few hours). But if your skin is kinda dry, you definitely can use the sunblock on top of a moisturizer, I do that sometimes. I like to wait a few minutes for the moisturizer to dry before putting on the sunblock, it helps with the texture.

If you're going swimming, you can do the regimen as normal morning and night, but just reapply sunblock pretty often. Don't worry about your acne or the products washing off, just have fun!

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it :)

I put on my sunscreen right after the moisturizer or I mix it with the moisturizer and put that on. Either way it's been working fine for me.

good luck!