Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
odd.girl.out

how to get shiny hair?

I have long hair (up to my waist). I used to have shiny hair but now it's so dry and dull. What can I do to make my hair shiny? I don't like serums and things like that (though I use it to tame frizz). How about at home hot oils?

Rinsing in cold water also helps smooth the cuticle of the hair down, so it looks shinier. I've read that it also helps reduce damage to the hair in the long run.

For shiny hair, I like the silicone-based Shine Renewal spray from Biolage. 2 or 3 small spritzes, then run my fingers through my hair and it looks much shinier than before.

sometimes i use Got2b Defiant Define Plus Shine Pomade and it makes me hair shiny. i also sometimes mix jojoba oil with my conditioner = ]

I have long hair (up to my waist). I used to have shiny hair but now it's so dry and dull. What can I do to make my hair shiny? I don't like serums and things like that (though I use it to tame frizz). How about at home hot oils?

Lots of good advice; cold water can make a big difference.

Also, if your hair looks dull try a clarifier every now & then to remove build up which can dull hair. A cheap "at home" clarifier is beer. Just rinse it through your hair & then use your conditioner afterwards as usual. Or after clarifying use a deep leave in conditioner, throw on a plastic shower cap, and use your blowdryer to heat it up before rinsing it out. The heat seems to make it work better, similar concept to hot oil. Warm honey is good too, but I'd dilute it with water since it's sticky & goopy.

My favorite shine spray is Schwarzkopf Osis, much better than a serum cuz it's not goopy or heavy & it doesn't end up making hair dull a few hours later.

Someone said something about patting hair dry with a t-shirt? i'm so trying that tomorrow, i keep forgetting though!

Rinsing hair in cold water really helps it is horrible though. I use charles worthington shiney hair shampoo and conditioner when i want it extra shiney and use the dry hair serum so it isn't 'heavy' or greasy.

If you have natural hair colour the most awesome thing i can suggest is that you use a henna dye. You can have it at your natural colour and it makes your hair like you wouldn't believe it could be. You want the pure henna bars and you can get them pretty cheap from lush. It has to be really henna, none of this extract enhanced shampoo bollocks. They are big bars of what looks similar to cannibis, but there is nothing else in the world like it.

Well, in case honey and you don't work out, I wanted to add about putting a bunch of jojoba oil in you hair at night (first spread evenly, then brush through), and also massaging your scalp. Then, in the morning, just shampoo it out.

I started it because I didn't want to waste time in the morning with conditioner. My hair is much nicer now. It's softer and shinier than it was with conditioner. The scalp thing is because jojoba oil can suppress sebum production while moisturizing. That's great for my oily hair, but you might want some more sebum, if you're dry . . .

It also depends on what kind of water you have...when we started using water softeners my hair started getting this shine that it never had before with our hard water.

How about acv? I'm not sure how it's done, but i think i read somewhere about using it on the hair =/

MOP TOP ANTI-FRIZZ GEL! It gives me lovely shine!

How about acv? I'm not sure how it's done, but i think i read somewhere about using it on the hair =/