Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This morning I woke up with a pustule on my chin and it was extremely red around it. It seems like it happened over night. I know that people have written it takes about three weeks for a pimple to form but that has not been my experience. Yesterday I had some spaghetti with tomato sauce. I know that oranges make me break out but I was wondering if tomatoes can cause breakouts. Please share your thoughts

I think I have read something about tomatoes making acne worse....um, I might have made that up though. I dunno. I am pretty sure I read that though.

I think I have read something about tomatoes making acne worse....um, I might have made that up though. I dunno. I am pretty sure I read that though.

They are part of the nightshade family which is poisonous isn't it? Though I think only the leaves are really poisonous if eaten, but it's possible the tomatoes could be very mildly poisonous too, butnot enough for most people to notice...or something like that.

was the tomato sauce store bought ?

take a look at the other ingredients on it, probably SOYBEAN oil, sugar and lots of salt

i look at those 3 ingredients in high amounts and i think whiteheads + inflammation

and you combined those with high GL carbs? i think you have your answer there

take a look at the other ingredients on it, probably SOYBEAN oil, sugar and lots of salt

i look at those 3 ingredients in high amounts and i think whiteheads + inflammation

No I ate it at a restaurant with my mom last night

Do you know what your blood type is? On the Blood Type Diet, both oranges and tomatoes are avoids for type As. (Actually, all the nightshades are – tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplants.)

In fact, thinking about it, in the past few weeks I've given in a couple of times to a craving for french fries with ketchup and Tabasco (which is a trifecta of avoids), and in the past few weeks I've gotten several inflamed blemishes when I usually have only one or two at a time. Hmmm... :think:

It's so frustrating the way EVERYTHING affects one's skin. So, was it the french fries? The iodized salt on the fries? The ketchup? The new moisturizer I added recently? The foundation I just returned because it was the wrong color? Stress over work? Premenstrual hormones? Arrrrggggghhhh. :wall:

I know that people have written it takes about three weeks for a pimple to form but that has not been my experience.

Do you know what your blood type is? On the Blood Type Diet, both oranges and tomatoes are avoids for type As. (Actually, all the nightshades are – tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, and eggplants.)

In fact, thinking about it, in the past few weeks I've given in a couple of times to a craving for french fries with ketchup and Tabasco (which is a trifecta of avoids), and in the past few weeks I've gotten several inflamed blemishes when I usually have only one or two at a time. Hmmm... :think:

It's so frustrating the way EVERYTHING affects one's skin. So, was it the french fries? The iodized salt on the fries? The ketchup? The new moisturizer I added recently? The foundation I just returned because it was the wrong color? Stress over work? Premenstrual hormones? Arrrrggggghhhh. :wall:

eh, I'm A- and I eat tomatoes like apples and never have broken out from them.

coulda been pasta, sugar or citric acid. I don't trust any spaghetti or sauce unless i buy it! (hooray corn derived gluten free sphaaaaagetti) :o

yep the only sauce you can trust is the one you make yourself

it seems all store bought or restaurant sauces have one oor more of these: unhealthy oils, excessive sugar, excessive salt, other starches, eggs, dairy

coulda been pasta, sugar or citric acid. I don't trust any spaghetti or sauce unless i buy it! (hooray corn derived gluten free sphaaaaagetti) :o

Overnight? I think that would be an allergic reaction and not acne.

The synergistic rise of insulin from fat and carbs found in pasta is more likely to cause something, but not overnight.

Overnight? I think that would be an allergic reaction and not acne.

The synergistic rise of insulin from fat and carbs found in pasta is more likely to cause something, but not overnight.

tomatoes and pasta cause breakouts? this really sucks because i work at an italian restaurant and eat it every day. i couldn't imagine my life without it, lol. i can't quit, I've worked there too long and the pay is too nice. :( oh well, at least i have colorstay :D