Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
heatherly30

New member needs help

Hey,

I am a new member who thought my acne issues were resolved years ago. I was on accutane in my college days (I'm 30 y.o.). I haven't had any major problems until I had a facial a month ago. Ahhhh....They used Dermalogica products on my face and gave me a free kit with my facial. I'M A MESS! Forehead is one big painful mess. Cyst like spots EVERYWHERE. My chin is the same way. A few spots on my nose and cheeks. I'm obviously no longer using the Dermalogica, but now using Dove soap.

I happen to have an appointment with my doctor (OBGYN) today (not related to acne). Wondering if he might prescribe me something. Anyone had a doc other than a dermatologist prescribe acne meds. I'm DESPERATE!

an obgyn would most probably prescribe birth control pills. you can ask for a referral to a dermatologist from your doctor.

have you tried medications with benzoyl peroxide, glycolic acid, salicylic acid or sulfur?