Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pbs86

Why am I breaking out now?

Okay, don't mind me, I am just thinking out loud. I am wondering if anyone might have some advice for me.

Anyway, I had not-so-bad acne when I was about 13 (about 2003), it was more like a few pimples on my face and oily skin and lasted for a year. I stopped abusing rubbing alcohol on my face and started using water and lotion instead. Pimples dissapeared never to be seen again. Until...

Summer of 2005, I started going vegetarian. In 2006 maybe august or september, skin goes from totally clear to pimples again. About Spring 2006, it became worse than just pimples, now I am getting all these tiny bumps all over my forehead and blackheads/clogged pores. To this day, it is worse than just that, now I have the bumps, the zits, the blackheads, etc. Could it be because I don't get enough protein? One thing I noticed, I started eating soy products and I believe that may have been around the time my skin started breaking out. Could it be hormones? I'm 17 now, but I thought the hormone thing was already done and dealt with. I don't go to the bathroom regularly, but to think of it, I never did when I was younger either. When I take laxatives, the bumps seem to dissapear, my skin feels fresher, but I have so much trouble trying to go to the bathroom regularly that I have never been able to go every day for longer than 2 days to actually see any improvement in my acne. Sometimes it is over a week before I can go to the bathroom. Believe me I have tried everything possible to fix this problem. But if I didn't go regularly when I was younger either, how come now I get acne now because of it? Is it the hormones causing this change?

Anyone have any ideas?

I have looked up information about IBS-C, but I don't know if I have it. All I know is I can't go to the bathroom normally and I've tried everything! :wall:

Guest T-Virus
I have looked up information about IBS-C, but I don't know if I have it. All I know is I can't go to the bathroom normally and I've tried everything! :wall:

When you went vegetarian, did you suddenly increase your intake of refined carbs, lie white pasta/bread to get your calories up?

And when you started using soy, did you happen to know whether it was gentically modified soy?

Soy has quite a high allergy rate in North America.

I hear soy can be bad for girls... there was someone on here that used to take soy and had bad reactions to it... Someone else found it made her periods come faster, making estrogen higher... something like that.

Another thing that can cause constipation is the dairy and wheat situation

http://www.newtreatments.org/doc.php/WisdomExperience/176

Constipation

Tuesday, April 06 2004 - Dossier: General

Many people are bothered with constipation and obstipation.

What is constipation

From: digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/constipation/index.htm

{Constipation is passage of small amounts of hard, dry bowel movements, usually fewer than three times a week. People who are constipated may find it difficult and painful to have a bowel movement. Other symptoms of constipation include feeling bloated, uncomfortable, and sluggish.}

What causes constipation

Constipation has nothing to do with fibers. Doctors and dietitians often promote the use of fibers to prevent or treat constipation. In effect grains often aggravate constipation. Why is that ?

There are three types of foods that aggravate constipation:

* Grains

* Heated protein foods (above 40 degrees C)

* Dairy products

Grains

{To prevent being consumed, lots of plants contain toxic or anesthetic substances. By nature, wheat contains some extremely powerful opioid peptides. (5). Some of these molecules even are 100 times more powerful than a morphine molecule. (6) Therefore, wheat-opioid peptides can anaesthetize the bowels so much that constipation is caused. (7) These peptides are enclosed in special proteins: gluten, and are set free by the digestion-enzymes.

Wheat products like bread (especially whole meal bread), cookies, pastries and pasta's are not just wheat products, but also are prepared proteinacous food. And due to the influence of heat, proteins are chemically changed. Some damaged opioid peptides are extremely hard to decompose by enzymes. (8) Moreover, some originated beta-carbolines (9) and other damaged proteins (10) inhibit those enzymes.} Read on: www.13.waisays.com/constipation.htm

Heated protein foods

{Cooking is unnatural, and so is constipation in adults.

Due to the influence of heat, in cooked foods new substances originate. Among these are beta-carbolines. A part of these beta-carbolines is anesthetic. The anesthetic effect of these beta-carbolines slows the bowels down so much that constipation can result. (1) Especially prepared proteinacous food causes constipation, like cheese, tofu and heated-in-any-way- (or canned) meat, fish and any other proteinous food.} Read on: www.13.waisays.com/constipation.htm

Dairy products

{To make sure suckling drink enough mothers? milk, and get enough sleep, mother?s milk of every mammal contains opioid peptides (2), enclosed in special proteins; casein, lactalbumin, beta-lactaglobulin and lactoferrin.

The sedative effect of these peptides however can also cause constipation (3).Babies easily absorb these molecules into the blood, but in older people a larger part remains in the digestive tract, sedating the bowels more effectively. These opioid peptides are relatively indigestible (4), and therefore can anaesthetize the bowels before they are decomposed.

Butter does not cause constipation, containing only very little protein, but lots of bowel stimulating fat.} Read on: www.13.waisays.com/constipation.htm

W

T

F

"heated protein foods above 40 C aggrevate constipation"

great there goes every cooked meat/fish imaginable

W

T

F

W

T

F

I thought iodine only aggravated acne for some people with certain conditions. Have you ever checked to see if iodine causes problems for you? Also, salmon caught wild in alaska doesn't have much if any mercury in it. Plus, because it isn't cooked, the omega-3s would all be there, completely undamaged.

they will still have excess omega 6 content ? and the sat fat will start piling up screwing up my insulin more

is there some magical food that is almost 100% monounsaturated fat for macronutrient content ?

olive oil is mostly monounsaturated. But olive oil breaks me out badly. I don't know if that's just me though. Omega-3 is a polyunsaturated fat though.

I don't think raw eggs would be a problem because there is an acne diet that involves mostly raw eggs as the primary source of protein and it works well for a lot of people. It's Wai's "dirty protein" theory. I bet it would work even better if they were omega-3 eggs.

Okay, this is what I eat:

I do eat pasta, and carbs (bad I know) but I try to balance it out with healthy things as well like I eat fruit and drink a lot of water. I guess I don't get as much protein as I should b getting, I only eat the soy protein foods every so often like 2 or 3 chicken veggies nuggets every other day maybe. lol. I don't eat a lot. I also take vitamins every other day or every day (some days I forget), such as multi vitamins, sometimes I will take fish oil capsules and flax oil capsules too. Sometimes I take probiotics too but they don't usually help any.

Sometimes I find that when I stop worrying about my skin and just leave it alone like not even bother to wash my face, my skin becomes a lot clearer. I don't know why. Maybe cause I'm not worrying and less stress, or because I'm not touching my skin. Or maybe both.

the problem is the "good stuff" varies drastically from person to person when it comes to triggering acne

vague comments like "remember to eat right" are useless when it comes to acne sufferers

I hate it when my family tell me "well maybe your skin is breaking out because your not eating right" like I 've tried everything to try and eat right, and still my skin looks as if I ate nothing but shit. My sister has totally clear skin, even though she will not ever touch a vegetable or piece of fruit and won't eat anything other than junk food. Its really unhealthy how she eats, yet she has completely clear healthy skin.

maybe it's what you are eating. I would look into the soy thing. I noticed right after I drank milk yesterday a new zit. ><;; So you should look into that maybe not using the harsh chemicals helped but your new diet did you harm? Some people aren't good with just vegetables it depends on your body some people can do that but some can't.

I hate it when my family tell me "well maybe your skin is breaking out because your not eating right" like I 've tried everything to try and eat right, and still my skin looks as if I ate nothing but shit. My sister has totally clear skin, even though she will not ever touch a vegetable or piece of fruit and won't eat anything other than junk food. Its really unhealthy how she eats, yet she has completely clear healthy skin.