Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dog20

ever express hatred or jealousy towards a sibling

virginity? ha. i'm 21 and still one. i woulda lost it years ago had it not been for this damn disease called acne. my brother, now 29, lost his when he was 14?? dammit, that's when my acne evolved. but i tend not to blame genetics because doing so does nothing at all except invite more negative energy

I'm sort of jelaous at my cousins alltough they have acne but not as severe as mine. I look better many sais, but it's useless when you have acne.

My sister is 2 years younger than me (im 16) and she has perfect skin, while I've has bad acne since the age of 11. SHe can be nasty too. Once she sneered at me when we were having an arguement and went, "You're the ugly one. Your face is covered in spots."

And people compare her and me all the time. A few years ago, these two girls were standing away from me and and my sister was nearby. They didnt know I could hear me, I dont think.

Girl1: and her wee sisters so CUTE!

GIrl2: yeah I know. And look at her

Girl1 : Ugly.

That hurt me quite bad, I have to say. I went home and cried. But if you start being jealous at people for being clear skinned, it'll fuck you up. Cos then you'll start hating not only yourself but everyone else as well.

well yea but seriously we really have to stop feeling sorry for ourselves , i wish by saying this i could help some of you :(

I'm a bit jealous of my 14 year old brother. He breaks out a lot, but he actually has a life with loads of friends. He doesn't have a care in the world about what his skin looks like. I wish I could be a little more like him. We went to the derm. together yesterday and he was prescribed doxy and benzaClin. I've been helping him out with his regimen because I'm his older sister and I'm here to help :lol:

my sister has better skin and puts makeup on it. which makes it loose the glow but w.e

shes 30 btw lol.

she said she had acne when she was younger

but not as bad as me

I used to be jealous of my brother because he was my mothers 'favourite' (still is) and got the special treatment etc etc. I still resent my mum for the way she acted towards him.

He may be better looking that me, and better at all things athletic, but i am far more intelligent and i have a crazier sense of humour which i like :)

At the end of the day, jealousy gets you nowhere.

how can anyone be jealous of family your own flesh and blood? That's just wrong your meant to love each other no matter what. I'm glad I don't have any ill feelings towards my family, that would suck.

My family is so dysfuntional.

My older brother has always hated me (don't ask me why; I don't know what I did wrong) and my older sister and I /always/ tend to clash. Her assessment of my acne was: "I may be fat, but look at your face. At least I don't look like /that/." She's always hated me for being "thin" (IMO, a BMI of 23-24 isn't "thin", merely "average") and for being the "attractive" one, as well. She's thrilled that I have acne. (A side note, though: I don't think I'm attractive. I'm quite sure I'm a 4-5 out of a 10 point scale.) I've always been jealous because she was clearly the favorite (I'm the least liked out of four siblings, and again, I have no idea why or what I did wrong.) and got away with murder whilst I was always severely punished for minor infractions or things I didn't even do. I could go on for hours.

I wish my family loved me. T.T

My family is so dysfuntional.

My older brother has always hated me (don't ask me why; I don't know what I did wrong) and my older sister and I /always/ tend to clash. Her assessment of my acne was: "I may be fat, but look at your face. At least I don't look like /that/." She's always hated me for being "thin" (IMO, a BMI of 23-24 isn't "thin", merely "average") and for being the "attractive" one, as well. She's thrilled that I have acne. (A side note, though: I don't think I'm attractive. I'm quite sure I'm a 4-5 out of a 10 point scale.) I've always been jealous because she was clearly the favorite (I'm the least liked out of four siblings, and again, I have no idea why or what I did wrong.) and got away with murder whilst I was always severely punished for minor infractions or things I didn't even do. I could go on for hours.

I wish my family loved me. T.T

Sorry about the off-topic post ^.

In compensation, here is a topical one.

I am fond of metaphor. I am a metaphorwhore, I suppose. Jealousy is a weed. Not only a weed, it is a vine that tangles those caught up in it. The green cables barb and prick and ooze vitriol and venom, and infect anyone unlucky enough to get a minor scratch.

Get the picture? Jealousy doesn't help anyone. Neither is it positive. Getting jealous doesn't mean that someone cares more, just that they are insecure and untrusting.

Ignore this old man at your peril. Stay away from the green-demon.