Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarahsarah

operations/procedures whilst on accutane?

I am due to see an oral surgeon in a couple of weeks about having widsom teeth extracted, i wonder whether they will put the operation back until i have finished this course? I am just asking out of curiosity do any of you know? I am not actually needing to have the op done right now this moment because i had one out emergency treatment so these other 3 teeth are more preventative they aren't the ones that were hurting although they are impacted

They'll probably want to postpone it until you are at least six months to one year post Tane. My experience with surgery (emergency surgery due to ruptured knee ligaments from skiing) necessitating abrupt stopping of Accutane...was not good. I would have no doubt healed completely, without pain, if I had not been taking accutane at the time. That knee troubles me still until this day.

thanks i wondered about healing and i just thought i would ask in case they put me on a list or something i would much prefer to leave it for now. It is going to hurt!

thanks i wondered about healing and i just thought i would ask in case they put me on a list or something i would much prefer to leave it for now. It is going to hurt!

Yes it hurts (impacted wisdom teeth removal). You'll want to have it done when your body is in tiptop form and shape! But if you take the med for pain they prescribe, it will be a lot less painful. Do wear that silly icing contraption they give one. My brother wore his (it held buffered ice to his cheeks) and really reduced his swelling. I looked like a chipmunk for three months. They didn't give me good aftercare instructions. USE THAT ICE. :P The preceding is for future reference when you do get your teeth fixed up. :)

I had one out a few months ago in the emergency dentist and they sedated me, i didn't have hardly any swelling at all i was really shocked

but 3 at the same time is probably a different story lol!

Maybe i just need to chop my whole head off, because it causes nothing but pain and annoyance haha

I had one out a few months ago in the emergency dentist and they sedated me, i didn't have hardly any swelling at all i was really shocked

but 3 at the same time is probably a different story lol!

Maybe i just need to chop my whole head off, because it causes nothing but pain and annoyance haha

:lol: Well, I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed at once. I was completely anesthetized. I remember waking up and looking around and seeing a freaking hammer and bloody chisel sitting on the surgical tray next to me. So they must have really given my poor mouth some serious trauma. I'm glad your experience was good, and no doubt your next will be just fine, too. I just had a bad experience and a bad dentist. My brother went to a different one and his experience was really good.

Wisdom teeth removal = Percs

Fun, but be careful I got addicted very quickly

My removal wasn't bad accept I did have bleeding problems after for a couple days before It finally stopped.