Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B707

Just started on Ampicillin

Hi All

I just switched from mino to ampicillin 2X500/day. I also started taking fish oil in the hopes that will help.. I've never used ampicillin before-I have used tetracycline and mino-the tretra also worked better, but of course lost its effectiveness. The pharmacist pointed out some good points. He pointed out that if you're using these antibiotics to also eat yogurt and take acidophilus "live bacteria in pill form" I stopped the mino because of all the GI problems "It was awful". I feel a million times better off it. I was on it for almost 5 months, so the side effects do go away within several days.

The first medication my dermatologist prescribed me was ampicillin and although the progress is slow, it's working like a charm. It's been 6 months since on the drug and I still get tiny pimples, but the bumpiness is gone. I hope it continues to get better and I hope yours does too!

Good luck.

I've been on Ampicillin for about a year or so now and it works really well for me. I started out with 2 500MG pills a day and it worked really well. Now I do 1 pill a day but my doctor never told me about taking fish oil or eating yogurt with it. What does the fish oil and yogurt help?

My main problem is I forget to take it a lot and I will go 3 days without taking it and then about a week later I have a bad breakout so make sure you take it every single day.

I've been on Ampicillin for about a year or so now and it works really well for me. I started out with 2 500MG pills a day and it worked really well. Now I do 1 pill a day but my doctor never told me about taking fish oil or eating yogurt with it. What does the fish oil and yogurt help?

My main problem is I forget to take it a lot and I will go 3 days without taking it and then about a week later I have a bad breakout so make sure you take it every single day.

Hey, I just started using Ampicillin a month ago, and so far, my acne is not improving at all. Is this normal? How long should it be until it shows some improvement?

Hi All

I just switched from mino to ampicillin 2X500/day. I also started taking fish oil in the hopes that will help.. I've never used ampicillin before-I have used tetracycline and mino-the tretra also worked better, but of course lost its effectiveness. The pharmacist pointed out some good points. He pointed out that if you're using these antibiotics to also eat yogurt and take acidophilus "live bacteria in pill form" I stopped the mino because of all the GI problems "It was awful". I feel a million times better off it. I was on it for almost 5 months, so the side effects do go away within several days.

i always thought that by taking a probiotic like Acidophilus it would offset the affect of the antibiotic your taking. their like opposite of each other. i dunno so yea. i been taking like 10 pills of fish oil daily with my antibiotic, Doxy is what im on, and after a month, i stop taking fish oil. i didnt see a difference the fish oil made. i guess fish oil will help u other ways than with acne.

I was on minocycline for three months and didn't help one bit. Then, I was put on ampicillin 2x500/day, for another three months. That helped a bit, but not as much as I was hoping. Now, I've been on ampicillin 4x500/day for just about a month. I was told it takes about two months for anything to start working, but with this i saw a change within the first two weeks. It's helped so much! I have drastic changes. Just be sure to take every dose, or else it's not as effective. Good luck!

Hey, I just started using Ampicillin a month ago, and so far, my acne is not improving at all. Is this normal? How long should it be until it shows some improvement?

I started using ampicillin a month ago too and i see some improvement .. maybe it takes 2 months?? how long did the doc prescribe the pill for you?