Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

I"m so F#CKING SICK OF THIS SH#T!!!

The oil on my face by the end of the day could be used to fry 10 friggen eggs... and the jawline/around mouth/chin acne WONT STOP!! EVERY SINGLE F#CKING DAY they just keep coming all in the same F#CKING area... I just feel like breaking down crying, I dont want to live like this anymore... I'm so sick of this life and I should be happy becaus eI' lucky to have everything I have... but I cant enjoy it because this F#CKING acne wont F#CKING go away... Anyone else feel this way?? Do any of you suffer with persistant acne around your mouth and jawline??

I know how you feel! I am getting better now but there have been MANY days in which I felt exactly as you describe. Last month I was invited to a party where I would have met most of my old High School friends. Guess what? I didn't go! I was too ashamed to show my face. I NEVER had acne in high school! My decision not to go may seem childish, but I would have felt too self- conscious, and I am pretty darn sure that people would have noticed the change.....

Oh well. Hopefully it is getting better.

What are you doing to treat your acne?

The oil on my face by the end of the day could be used to fry 10 friggen eggs... and the jawline/around mouth/chin acne WONT STOP!! EVERY SINGLE F#CKING DAY they just keep coming all in the same F#CKING area... I just feel like breaking down crying, I dont want to live like this anymore... I'm so sick of this life and I should be happy becaus eI' lucky to have everything I have... but I cant enjoy it because this F#CKING acne wont F#CKING go away... Anyone else feel this way?? Do any of you suffer with persistant acne around your mouth and jawline??

I felt the same way T when I had mine..same pimples/cysts in the same places all the time..just have some hope..this won't last forever. :comfort:

I have adult acne and extremely oily skin. Mostly my acne is minor (at least 1 or 2 zits per day). Sometimes I get nasty flare-ups.

Some people will disagree with me and say I'm making a mistake - but I wash my face 5 times/day. I don't scrub, just a mild wash. It's true that you can't wash away acne. But I've found that washing any less will increase the number of zits. I have 20 yrs of acne experience to back that up (I'm not saying that's true for everyone - I can only speak from my own experience). Besides, 3 hours after washing my face/neck is covered with a layer of oil. It looks nasty and feels yucky.

I use salicylic acid when I get get home from work, then BP before going to bed. This combo doesn't prevent acne, but helps in getting rid of zits pretty fast after they have formed.

Just my 2 cents.

Last month I was invited to a party where I would have met most of my old High School friends. Guess what? I didn't go! I was too ashamed to show my face.

My skin used to be that oily. It got less so over the years, but it was still pretty bad. I had to wash my hair every morning. If I did it the night before, it would be greasy way before the day was over.

About 2 years ago, I started looking into supplements and such. I took Saw Palmetto and Zinc and my skin got a lot less oily and I rarely had any inflamed acne on my face. Then I cut back on sugar and other simple carbs and my skin cleared completely.

It's nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way haha... I'm so sorry all of you have had to go through this frustration... it was unknown to me before I turned 19 becaus eI had perfect skin as a teen. I am trying to cut down on carbs and am taking fish oil... I even took 10g of B5 a day and that didnt even put a dent in the oil!! IT just flows and flows and flows!!! It's awful! I tried Dan's regimen... sometimes I wish I hadent though, even though it gave me 7 months of perfectly clear skin... the depression and anxiety of having to quit because it gave me wrinkles, made me feel insane and I broke out like crazy... I had never had oily skin before the regimen... I had normal acne prone skin.... now I have OILY acne prone skin.... ugh... And when I tried proactiv it destroyed my face!!!

I have been invited to many events that I refused to go to because I didnt want people to see how awful I look.... everyone from highchool looks GREAT now, better than in highschool... and I have to look like crap... be the girl whos looks went downhill. IT's quite depressing I must say. Plu smy eating habits have changed, and am skinnier than in highschool... it makes me look sickly, I dont like it.

Alternavista... are you a guy or a girl?? I"m thinking of taking Saw Palmetto, but I"m on birth control and am scared it will affect my pill in a bad way... like it wont be effctive or it will screw up my periods.... I'd really love to start taking it though for my oil.

I dont think its Dans regimen that is making your face this way. What birthcontrol pill are you on? I know for me, Yasmin made my face 10x worse

I dont think its Dans regimen that is making your face this way. What birthcontrol pill are you on? I know for me, Yasmin made my face 10x worse

Tdot, what products are you using? Give us some info and we might be able to help.

I also found Dan's regimen worked like a dream for about six months but then dried out my skin too much. I now apply 2.5% BP *once* a day before bed, after washing with a natural cleanser, and just wash with a natural cleanser in the morning and afternoon (yes; three washes). My skin is much better, though not 100% clear.

so im not the only one who only had temporary success with dkr. for the first 4 or 5 months i had the smoothest skin ever. then all of a sudden my skin went nuts and exploded with huge cysts. i had never had bumps that big in my life. i stopped dkr and its been down hill every since. i broke down crying the other day cuz im just soooo tired of dealing with this. ive tried everything and still the zits keep coming and coming. acne is ruining my life and holding me back from so many things. its just not fair.

so im not the only one who only had temporary success with dkr. for the first 4 or 5 months i had the smoothest skin ever. then all of a sudden my skin went nuts and exploded with huge cysts. i had never had bumps that big in my life. i stopped dkr and its been down hill every since. i broke down crying the other day cuz im just soooo tired of dealing with this. ive tried everything and still the zits keep coming and coming. acne is ruining my life and holding me back from so many things. its just not fair.

What's your curent regimen? I had exactly the same problems, but I'm now a lot clearer. If you tell me what you currently do I might be able to recommend changes.

Try a low-carb/paleo diet. Even if you keep experimenting with topicals, the diet can help slow down the pimples and reduce inflammation. Really, it works for the people who do it right.

You know honestly it really sounds like your hormones are just out of whack. Seriously. I have the same problem right now. Tons of oil (NEVER had that problem before) and acne on my chin and jawline that just won't stop! Every day!! And it got that way when my hormones got all messed up from stopping and starting birth control. I know you have been on OTC for a long time. It's possible that your hormones are changing some now that you are older, and you are responding badly to that pill now. It happens. I'd really encourage you to try a different birth control pill. Or talk to your doctor about other options. My derm says my acne is hormonal and I have exactly the problems you have. She wants to put me on some kind of testosterone blocking drug once she can get me clear. Do you have any other problems like body hair or facial hair? Or heavy periods?

hey T, I know your pain. while I don't classify my acne as adult acne just yet I felt like I should reply. all the pimples I get are around my mouth (hormonal?). top lip, all over my chin and my jawline and it sucks so bad. I just keep breaking out in the same spot as well. dkr's seems to be working really well for me, are you on it right now??

has your condition improved?

hey T, I know your pain. while I don't classify my acne as adult acne just yet I felt like I should reply. all the pimples I get are around my mouth (hormonal?). top lip, all over my chin and my jawline and it sucks so bad. I just keep breaking out in the same spot as well. dkr's seems to be working really well for me, are you on it right now??

Its the [email protected]#@ hormones im 21 male and been having back acne for the past 3 months.

Not even a sign of acne before that then BOOM.

Got tested have lots of Free testosterone in my body,

Eventually i was told this will correct itself, Hormones are FUN dont mess with them.