Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin looks so bad lately, possibly the worst it has ever been. Just thinking about it makes me feel so depressed. I don't know what to do anymore, I feel trapped, like I'll be stuck with this for ever. It makes me feel like giving up and ending my life, I honestly don't want to go on living looking like this anymore, I hate myself.

Meh I don't even know why I am writing this, I feel like I need to talk about it but I have nobody I can talk to.

I know it seems bad, but just hang in there! And remember you are not alone. I feel the same way you do. My skin is the worst its ever been. I just looked at myself in the mirror and was dismayed at what was staring back at me. But don't despair. You won't be stuck with it forever. It WILL get better. Just stay away from mirrors. I find that helps me. And just keep your chin up. It's not worth ending your life. Please don't talk like that! I know it's a hard thing, but everyone has to deal with something in their life. This is just what you have to deal with. It could be much worse...you could be paralyzed or have cancer or be homeless or starving. Try to count your blessings and don't let your skin define your life. You can do it! :)

i completely understand how u feel. im so tired of dealing with the embarrassment. if i could hide in the house all the time i would cuz it would be better than having to go to work everyday and walk around with my head down feeling humiliated. im seriously broken out right now from yaz bcp which i have discontinued. all sunday night i tossed and turned just thinking about having to get up for work spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to make my skin look decent and then going to work with zits all over my face and having to deal with the stares. when i was on my way to work i looked at myself in the mirror and was reduced to tears. i pulled my car over and had the same thought as you- that i just cant take it anymore. its just too hard living this way. not being able to enjoy life and feeling sad and depressed everytime i look in the mirror at zit after zit after zit. this has been on and off for 10 yrs now and i just seriously dont know if i can handle this anymore. i have taken every measure to clear my skin up from prescription topicals, otc meds, accutane, antibiotics, diet, herbs, vitamins, microdermabrasion, food allergy testing,bcp's. u name ive tried it and nothing seems to help long term. at times it is mild and other times i have over 15 zits but its always there.i really wish i could offer you some encouragement but i cant cuz lately ive been feeling the same way. its just getting to be too much to take....

I know it seems bad, but just hang in there! And remember you are not alone. I feel the same way you do. My skin is the worst its ever been. I just looked at myself in the mirror and was dismayed at what was staring back at me. But don't despair. You won't be stuck with it forever. It WILL get better. Just stay away from mirrors. I find that helps me. And just keep your chin up. It's not worth ending your life. Please don't talk like that! I know it's a hard thing, but everyone has to deal with something in their life. This is just what you have to deal with. It could be much worse...you could be paralyzed or have cancer or be homeless or starving. Try to count your blessings and don't let your skin define your life. You can do it! :)

i completely understand how u feel. im so tired of dealing with the embarrassment. if i could hide in the house all the time i would cuz it would be better than having to go to work everyday and walk around with my head down feeling humiliated. im seriously broken out right now from yaz bcp which i have discontinued. all sunday night i tossed and turned just thinking about having to get up for work spend a ridiculous amount of time trying to make my skin look decent and then going to work with zits all over my face and having to deal with the stares. when i was on my way to work i looked at myself in the mirror and was reduced to tears. i pulled my car over and had the same thought as you- that i just cant take it anymore. its just too hard living this way. not being able to enjoy life and feeling sad and depressed everytime i look in the mirror at zit after zit after zit. this has been on and off for 10 yrs now and i just seriously dont know if i can handle this anymore. i have taken every measure to clear my skin up from prescription topicals, otc meds, accutane, antibiotics, diet, herbs, vitamins, microdermabrasion, food allergy testing,bcp's. u name ive tried it and nothing seems to help long term. at times it is mild and other times i have over 15 zits but its always there.i really wish i could offer you some encouragement but i cant cuz lately ive been feeling the same way. its just getting to be too much to take....

ive been there a million times...luckily my acnes cleared up really good this year, last year it was horrendous and it ruined my senior year in hs and my vacation to europe

I know I'm not alone, but at the same time I feel very alone. Almost all of my friends have perfectly clear skin, one of them was moaning at me about having 2 spots the other day.. They have no idea.

Yeh mirrors are a thing for me, I cannot look in a mirror without getting depressed and suicidal. It is actually what set me off tonight. I try to stay away from mirrors, but every so often I give in and will look, and it will leave me feeling depressed for ages afterwards.

I know you might not appreciate this because my skins getting better (as you might know) ...and I know accutane didn't work for you....but lots of us feel like you. You need to keep searching for something that will work...keep asking for help....but more importantly... look for the good things about yourself...there must be something you can focus on. Yes, its difficult to switch how you feel about how you look off but you have to do it or you'll never get through all of this. Acne makes us stronger people. Atleast we dont run the risk of being horribly vane... there are worse things that could be wrong with us.

I hope you're alright. I really do.

I know you might not appreciate this because my skins getting better (as you might know) ...and I know accutane didn't work for you....but lots of us feel like you. You need to keep searching for something that will work...keep asking for help....but more importantly... look for the good things about yourself...there must be something you can focus on. Yes, its difficult to switch how you feel about how you look off but you have to do it or you'll never get through all of this. Acne makes us stronger people. Atleast we dont run the risk of being horribly vane... there are worse things that could be wrong with us.

Im sorry but i cant agree with that :( Its currently killing me inside, and even if i manage to get clear ill be so paranoid that it will come back. Ill be constantly worried about it and will never be able to raise my head high.

please don't hate yourself your probly a amazing person and just need to look past your skin and relize that