Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dejaclairevoyant

For those who are still suffering-

First of all, if you're going to liver flush, PLEASE READ MORE than just this thread. There is hordes of info out there, and it is good to be well-prepared. It is advised to do bowel cleansing first, or at least be very regular.

That being said, it is NOT A MIRACLE FOR EVERYONE. I did 8 of them, but did not clear up until I changed my diet. Of all the years I have belonged to this site, and read others like curezone and askshelley, I can think of exactly three people (4 now w/ Deja) who reported clearing their acne with liver flushing. Denise and JC on this site, and one person on curezone. BTW, Maya (who has a lot of posts in some of the old liver flush threads on this site) has done almost 30 of them and still gets acne. I know this become she sometimes posts on another site. Not saying they aren't worth a shot; I'm just advising to have realistic expectations.

But, congrats, Deja! I'm glad it's working for you.

I strongly agree that you should read more than this site, read ALL you can. I spent literally hours and hours for days and days researching this. Reading hundreds of experiances logged online by people.

I personally do believe this is junk being flushed out of the liver. Believe anything you want, I really dont want to argue over the legitimacy of it.

As for the rest of what I do. Well for years now Ive been getting healthier and healthier. Ive been a vegetarian for almost 2 years. I eat pretty healthy. I never used to, I used to eat like crap and do drugs (legal and non legal) and smoke. I quit smoking for good awhile back, and taking that toxin load off my body seemed to help my skin heal faster and I got less acne, but the acne was still coming regularly. Also Ive been doing Dans regimen for years now, and it never got rid of my acne. It HELPED very much in the healing process though, and I still use it, although I think it may be aging my skin some so Id like to get off it if I can.

I dont eat any specific foods or avoid any specific foods for my skin. I felt like concentrating too hard on diet was unneccesary and stressful and caused more harm than good. I just try to eat to live. I avoid trans fats and as much sugar as possible. I dont eat much sweets but Ive been than way for years and never really noticed a difference in my skin. I think all these things have helped me in little ways, but I never really noticed the difference in the way I felt til liver flushing.

I think of it like a dirty swimming pool. You can throw dirt and sand and junk into the pool over the years and it will get dirty and gross, you can put chlorine in the pool and it may kill some of the bacteria but its still full of dirt. Its not til you continually filter the water that the pool will get clean. Probably a bad analogy but I dont care. lol maybe it will make sense to someone.

OKAY OKAY OKAY, basically its really diffucult and time-consuming to click on all these links and read this whole thread.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can u dejaclaire post a 15 step or something guide to a liver flush.

Like from "1. Go to supermarket and buy ______ and ______" to "15. Wait a couple of weeks and do it again" (or whatever the last step would be)

PLEASE, would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OKAY OKAY OKAY, basically its really diffucult and time-consuming to click on all these links and read this whole thread.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can u dejaclaire post a 15 step or something guide to a liver flush.

Like from "1. Go to supermarket and buy ______ and ______" to "15. Wait a couple of weeks and do it again" (or whatever the last step would be)

PLEASE, would really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 1: Read.

WARNING: this may be require the difficult and time-consuming task of clicking on various links.

Really, though, you do need to do some reading about how to prepare for a liver flush, bowel cleansing, diet, and the various liver-flushing methods. I would start with the FAQs on askshelley.com

Guest T-Virus
I wonder what would happen if I just used the epsom salts to flush it wouldn't work right? or magnesium to flush?

I'm guessing it would just give you diarrhea.

I wonder what would happen if I just used the epsom salts to flush it wouldn't work right? or magnesium to flush?

Yeah, that's what any "flush" will do. I took magnesium citrate, and it "flushed" me out over a few days and my skin was much better for a few weeks after that. It still hasn't gone back to how severe it was before that and that happened a few months ago. It really reduced inflammation. Most of it came back very gradually, but not to the same level it was before. I'm just concerned about electrolyte imbalances from doing that too many times. That's why I haven't done it again. Plus I have a surgery coming up in about a week, and it's really important not to have screwed up electrolytes during surgery. I think I'll do it again after that's done.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=47719&st=0

There is a good thread for anyone interested in liver flushing.

While I don't think that what you're flushing out are actual liver or gallstones, I think it's foolish to think that it's only the olive oil and epsom salts being expelled.

IMO there is just too much that points to a toxic liver being a major factor in the development of acne. Acne was very rare 100 years ago, and now it is basically an epidemic. I believe a major reason why we all have acne is our crappy diet. I wouldn't listen to anyone that tells me acne is all genetic and the only thing you can do is treat it with expensive topicals. Topicals are a waste of time, IMO, and they've never cleared me up 100%.

I will be starting a summer of liver cleansing/rebuilding in the next week or so. I will let everyone know how it goes.

Yeah, that's what any "flush" will do. I took magnesium citrate, and it "flushed" me out over a few days and my skin was much better for a few weeks after that. It still hasn't gone back to how severe it was before that and that happened a few months ago. It really reduced inflammation. Most of it came back very gradually, but not to the same level it was before. I'm just concerned about electrolyte imbalances from doing that too many times. That's why I haven't done it again. Plus I have a surgery coming up in about a week, and it's really important not to have screwed up electrolytes during surgery. I think I'll do it again after that's done.

No. Its the oil that produces the flush. Not the epsoms. They simply clear the way.

I realize some of you guys want the instructions here, and I can copy and paste my flush if you would like. But realize, you REALLY need to do research and PREPARATION before doing this. Those of you who are like "Im gonna do this this weekend" trust me, if you do not prepare, you wont have a good flush.

yes please post your flush..im interested in your way of doing it.

I have got my plan set...Im not going to do the kidney cleanse, parasite cleanse or dental work(have amalgams)...it says you really should do these first lol but its too much effort and costs too much for my dental work. Hope its not as bad as what ppl claim in curezone.

I have bought apple juice and apples to eat a few days before hand.

Epsom salts

1 big grapefruit

and extra virgin olive oil

so far im going to take the salts in a cup of water at 2 and then at 4. at 6 I will take the olive oil in a cup and mix it wit the grapefruit.

and in the morning when I get up take more epsom salts in water.

and then 2 hours later.

Im only going to have apple juice and fruit and not sure what else I can eat that day? I am stopping my fish oil too for the day.

LIVER FLUSH!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind I had long prepared with the stone softeners before doing this. That part is not mentioned here. Also I had taken the epsoms and put them in capsules before this, so when I talk about taking a dose, Im referring to a quarter of the capsules I had made. Capsules can be bought here: www.vitacost.com If you dont have capsules you can make the drinks described in hulda clarks regimen on curezone.

These times are all negotiable. Just keep all the steps an equel amount of time apart. Just bump the schedule up or down based on your needs. I made this schedule for myself based on my usual day. (the Clark schedule is based on someone who goes to bed around ten and tHATS Not me..)

WAKING THRU 4-5 PM:

Eat a healthy lunch/breakfast, as big as possible of ALL fat free foods. This is very important. ALl fat free. If you take any medications or supplements dont take them that day. INCLUDING and especially fish oils or flax oil or anything like that because these are fat. Basically dont eat anything besides fat free food. My meal the day of the flush is always a can of fat free beans and two apples, and a ton of apple juice. Be flexible with the time schedule as you can always stay up later.

4-5 PM: No more eating. Drink plenty of water.

8-9 PM: First epsom dose. Take with enough water to get the pills down and maybe half a glass after that. Then no water for a half hour. After a half hour to an hour, take plenty of water, enough to feel good and hydrated.

10-11 PM: Second epsoms dose. Same instructions as above in regards to the water. Stop drinking water between 1130 and 1230AM, keeping with whatever schedule you are following. Also at this time, get the mixture of 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil and grapefruit ready. Mix them together, pick out some of the pulp with a knife if you dont have something to strain the juice with. You dont need any special juicers, simply pour the oil into a jar {something with a lid so you can close it and shake it} and then cut up the grapefruit and squeeze as much juice as possible into the jar. Put the lid on and shake it up. Keep it ready by the bed with a straw for the next step. Brush teeth and be ready for bed, and visit the bathroom as much as possible to be ready for bed. Once you take the oil you are not going to be able to move for an hour, so its better to be a little late and make sure you arent gonna need the bathroom. Dont be more than 15 mins late though.

12-1 AM: Take the mixture of oil. Get it down within 5 minutes. Using a straw makes it easy. Lie down on your back {some people like to also lie on their right side with their knee up, but this has never been comfortable for me} If you have to use the restroom hold it the longer the better. If you can, just go to sleep or watch a movie or read for awhile. Fall asleep when you can but dont stress it.

NEXT DAY. 9-10 AM (not before 8): Take another dose of epsom salts. If you feel sick to your stomach {I never have}wait a bit til you feel better before taking another dose. Once you take it, you can go back to bed. PLenty of water.

2 HOURS LATER: Take final epsom dose. Plenty of water, then wait a half hour and drink plenty of water again. Go back to sleep if you can.

1-2 HOURS LATER: You may start introducing food again. Start with some fruit juice, watered down. Then maybe some fruit. START SLOW. Ease your body into eating more. Next move on to some vegetable soup, and so on. By dinner you can be eating normally and should feel recovered, but its good to eat healthy and light all day if you can.

NOTES: Take Emergen-C as needed between doses of the epsoms salts. CRUCIAL the following morning. EmergenC can be bought in most drug stores and online. It is absolutely a neccessity in my opinion. Its a vitamin c powder that has electrolytes. You mix it into a glass of water. The epsoms and diharrea dehydrate you and get your electrolytes off balance. This can make you feel kinda blah. Once I take this stuff I feel amazing the next day. I usually take it sometime after my first dose of epsoms salts in the morning. Some people like to drink gatorade the next day, and I suppose it will do if you dont have any emergenC, but I dont drink the stuff because its all full of High fructose corn syrup and not that good for you. It does have electrolytes though.

Thats it. I know it seems complicated, trust me, I was totally confused and stressed about it the first time I did it. But once you do it it makes sense real fast and then you just do it without even thinking about it.

Once again though, I REALLY recommend reading on curezone about the recommended preparations for the flush. You wont die or anything if you do it unprepared but I guarantee it wont be as pleasant of an experiance if you arent ready.

Good luck!

NEXT DAY. 9-10 PM (not before 8): Take another dose of epsom salts. If you feel sick to your stomach {I never have}wait a bit til you feel better before taking another dose. Once you take it, you can go back to bed. PLenty of water.

You mean 9-10 AM, not PM, right? Just wanted to point that out for anyone using these directions...

I'm glad you've gotten such good results from liver flushes, Deja. I don't want to discourage anyone, but my skin initially cleared up a lot from flushing (after about 6 flushes, I was clear most of the time), but it didn't last for that long. I started breaking out again even though I was still doing flushes regularly. I can now keep my skin clear through diet (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet). But liver flushing does seem to be key for some people.

No. Its the oil that produces the flush. Not the epsoms. They simply clear the way.

I realize some of you guys want the instructions here, and I can copy and paste my flush if you would like. But realize, you REALLY need to do research and PREPARATION before doing this. Those of you who are like "Im gonna do this this weekend" trust me, if you do not prepare, you wont have a good flush.

Epsom salt is a known diuretic. Magnesium is a known diuretic, and drinking substantial amount of oil is a known diuretic. The end result is the same... Flush!

I think recent research is pointing to certain phytochemicals in olive oil as being extremely beneficial to the liver, one possible reason why the flush helps. Epsom salt brings two necessary elements into the body that we are constantly lacking in our diets, and grapefruit is good for the liver on top of that. So even if you're not passing "gallstones", I think it's agreeable that the flush helps out the liver (probably on a more cellular level) and that's why it helps people. It's also going to flush the digestive organs a bit of course. And I've read of lots of people (myself included) who have flushed out liver flukes during a flush, so the flush is beneficial for those who have parasites.

NEXT DAY. 9-10 PM (not before 8): Take another dose of epsom salts. If you feel sick to your stomach {I never have}wait a bit til you feel better before taking another dose. Once you take it, you can go back to bed. PLenty of water.

You mean 9-10 AM, not PM, right? Just wanted to point that out for anyone using these directions...

I'm glad you've gotten such good results from liver flushes, Deja. I don't want to discourage anyone, but my skin initially cleared up a lot from flushing (after about 6 flushes, I was clear most of the time), but it didn't last for that long. I started breaking out again even though I was still doing flushes regularly. I can now keep my skin clear through diet (the Specific Carbohydrate Diet). But liver flushing does seem to be key for some people.

Oh I very much agree. You cant just liver flush and expect it to be the end all cure. But I think its an important step. Ive cleaned up my diet and lifestyle so much but I feel I could never really get cure this way without liver flushing because the damage and toxins were so built up from earlier years. I feel like liver flushing is giving me a good fresh start. Diet, excercise, right nutrients, clean lifestyle, and overall happiness and well being are always important to clear skin as well.

How many flushes have you done altogether Leah? Just curious. Ive heard its taken some people 20+ to really hit their turning point. I suppose its different for everyone.

How many flushes have you done altogether Leah? Just curious. Ive heard its taken some people 20+ to really hit their turning point. I suppose its different for everyone.

I think I did 14. The people that I know of who cured their acne with liver flushing did it with under 10 flushes.

I am still going to do at least a couple more because I did pass liver flukes on some flushes, and I think I still have some. I'm doing Humaworm right now, and I'm hoping that between that and some more flushes I can get rid of the liver flukes.

Being 16 and everything, will it be beneficial to cleanse my liver? I can't imagine that I've damaged it in any way really.. I don't drink etc.

What is the preparation you speak of? Just the parasite cleanse?

So I couldn't just use the salt and oil right? It doesn't flush it in the same way?

Oh I very much agree. You cant just liver flush and expect it to be the end all cure. But I think its an important step. Ive cleaned up my diet and lifestyle so much but I feel I could never really get cure this way without liver flushing because the damage and toxins were so built up from earlier years. I feel like liver flushing is giving me a good fresh start. Diet, excercise, right nutrients, clean lifestyle, and overall happiness and well being are always important to clear skin as well.

I'm curious to know did you do any bowel cleansing before doing your flushes?

Thanks

Guest T-Virus
Being 16 and everything, will it be beneficial to cleanse my liver? I can't imagine that I've damaged it in any way really.. I don't drink etc.

Well I'm 13 and I'm still going to do it.

I believe it says on the curezone website that the bile ducts are often clogged up in children as well as adults.

And just because you don't drink doesn't mean your liver isn't damaged or under stress. Afterall I'm assuming you're here because you have acne and that's a sign that something's wrong.

What can you eat though in the day? I had a chicken sandwich lol an dmy housemates cooking chicken for dinner so im guessing I cant do it tonight... or does it still work with food cause I cant handle not eating and my housemates always cook a nice dinner.

What foods do you consider fat free...maybe I should apple fast the day lol...