Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Miha

Is it possible that too much BP affects acne?

Is it possible that too much BP affects acne? I noticed that I broke out or at least existing pimples heal longer/don't heal when I apply a lot of BP (full finger length).

I don't think so because I've been using BP since september and I've never had any problems. Maybe skin can't handle bigger amount of BP and that's why I break out.

So have you stopped and then restarted the BP?

Because I have read in another skin care board which Im not 100% but its something along the lines of that it takes time to wean off BP otherwise it will aggravate your acne

So have you stopped and then restarted the BP?

Because I have read in another skin care board which Im not 100% but its something along the lines of that it takes time to wean off BP otherwise it will aggravate your acne

I noticed that when i was on the DKR. My acne did not heal at all for the 7 weeks i was on it and it never prevented new ones from forming for me! Is your acne severe? Because if it is i don't think the DKR is very good for that (from my experience)

BP certainly should not make anyone break out more. Perhaps an initial breakout as your skin purges, but that's about it. Most people don't even get that. Most people see their skin clearing up at least somewhat right away.

As far as old spots going away more slowly, I have heard that before. I do not find that to be true myself, and again, for most people their spots tend to go away faster with BP, but for some skin types the redness can stick around longer when using BP.

i noticed that if u use too much BP, the effectiveness goes down, maybe because your skin can't breathe or it doesnt absorb the BP enough. you should try less and see what happens, its worked for me

i noticed that if u use too much BP, the effectiveness goes down, maybe because your skin can't breathe or it doesnt absorb the BP enough. you should try less and see what happens, its worked for me

When you increase the amount of bp that you use, do you also increase the amount of moisturizer? Sometimes I think that using too much moisturizer on my face makes me break out because my skin is so sensitive.