Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so i have an eye problem and im not *supposed* to be wearin contacts for awhile. even though when i go out i put em in. my parents have been nagging at me. i hate my glasses though. i want nice ones. so i told em if they kept complaining bout it then they need to take me somewhere to get nicer glasses cuz i hate mine. i cant really ask if anyone knows any good places b/c who knows if that place would be in Iowa. so i spose i will just ask whats in style nowadays. i hardly see people with glasses so i dont really know.

oh ya- is that one place any good.. that umm.. idk..i always see the commerical but i forgot the name. when you get 2 pair of designer glasses for like $70 or something. Oh yea..its called Americas Best http://www.twopair.com/

EDIT: if your really bored you can always surf the net and show me what you like = ] haha. or any good brands?

I got 2 pairs of glasses because I roll like that. The ones I have on now are Guess and over $300. They also come with sunglass lenses. Case closed.

:ninja:

NICOLE MILLER!!!! i love her brand :wub: - they are the ones i'm wearing in the pic.....

www.nicolemiller.com

America's Best is pretty damn good. I have cat-eye glasses from there - they were 39.95 :teehee:

The blog Glassy Eyes has reviews of a lot of the online "$22 eyeglasses now!!!" places. Surprisingly, a lot of them seem to be reasonably good.

I'm a little dubious about ordering frames online for myself because most of the online sites I've checked don't list the actual brand and model name/number for the frames they sell. Small changes in the size or shape of a frame – like a millimeter or two – really can make a noticeable difference in how the glasses look when worn. I'd rather be able to try on frames at my optometrist's and then be able to order that exact frame, not just take my chances figuring "Well, this one looks reasonably close..." :eh:

thanks everyone for the help! theres an AMericas Best like an hour or so away. I might go there and check it out. Do you have to make an appointment there or anything? I was thinking you can just go in and look at the glasses. but i wasnt sure. :confused:

thanks. ill check em out. = ] man sometimes i think i should just get laser eye surgery! if you think about it.. it would pay in the long run b/c contacts are so expensive. well the ones i get. i hafta get the kind with a buncha moisture in it. i have that chronic dry eye shit. = [

thanks. ill check em out. = ] man sometimes i think i should just get laser eye surgery! if you think about it.. it would pay in the long run b/c contacts are so expensive. well the ones i get. i hafta get the kind with a buncha moisture in it. i have that chronic dry eye shit. = [

^^^i have to have toric lenses too, and my contacts are uber expensive too if i get soft ones. i sleep with my eyes half mast resulting in dry, irritated eyes, so i wear hard lenses because they require less moisture and are a lot less expensive. the only problem is that they still irritate my eyes, so sometimes by the end of the day i look really high.

^^^i have to have toric lenses too, and my contacts are uber expensive too if i get soft ones. i sleep with my eyes half mast resulting in dry, irritated eyes, so i wear hard lenses because they require less moisture and are a lot less expensive. the only problem is that they still irritate my eyes, so sometimes by the end of the day i look really high.

this is such a great thread. i'm in the same position as you LaLa. i refuse to wear my glasses because they're just plain awful. i want cute oval frames.

I would show you frames but frames all depend on your face shape, eye color, hair color, skin color etc..they are very individual and personal things I think. I've been wearing glasses since the 2nd grade and have a condition in my right eye that doesn't allow me to wear contacts.

Just take your time picking and take someone with you who will be objective and help you pick a great pair. The 2 for 70$ deal sounds great.

Here's some stuff my optician told me last time I was in about finding a flattering pair of glasses:

There should be the same amount of space above and below your eye.

The frame shouldn't go higher than your eyebrow.

If your hair and skin are drastically different colors, you should look for an intermediate shade between the 2, so the frames don't look harsh or overpowering. Example: My hair is basically black with a lot of red tones in it, but I'm one of the palest people I know. My glasses are eggplant, spring green, or a medium brown depending on the angle you look at them.

If your lenses are very thick, opt for plastic frames, because they're more sturdy and can minimize the coke-bottle look. I took a chance, broke down and listened to her on this. My frames are much more cute, funky, and interesting than the average wire frame could pull off.

Also, if you have a high prescription, opt for the more expensive, thinner lenses. Your glasses will slide down your nose less, and again, this minimizes the coke-bottle look.

If someone looks at you straight on, they shouldn't be able to see the backdrop behind you through your glasses.

I wore huge, ugly glasses from age 7 to 12. I begged and begged and begged for contacts. When I was 13, I got them. From 13 to 21 I wore contacts religiously. I would have rather not gone somewhere than have gone there in glasses. I even wore them through a bout of pink eye.

Then the optician I was talking about above helped me pick a pair of glasses "just to wear around the house". I love love love them! When eyes turned crazy sensitive earlier this year, too sensitive to handle contacts, I just started wearing my glasses all the time. I've pretty much given up on contacts now. I think my glasses bring a lot more interest to my face. My worst acne are on my jawline and neck. Wearing funky glasses over my eyes distracts the gaze from the grotesque lesions below.

Her advice really helped me, so I thought I'd share it with you and the rest of the world.

Btw, the brand of my glasses is Nine West. I think I remember them being expensive, a couple hundred dollars maybe. I have such an outrageous prescription, though, that my lenses were like $300+, so my memory could be fudging the numbers. But they probably have cute frames in lower price-ranges, too.

Personally, I think a pretty universally-flattering shape is smallish (depending on your frame) frames with a squoval shape. Alter to taste.

thanks everyone for the posts! I have been to my eye doc many many times. i have been on Restasis for almost a month and i get these things kinda like styes. she says its a form of em or something. idk. but anyway..i have ointment for that and i gotta do hot compresses..yada yada. its oh so wonderful! haha. im going to a local eye place to check theres out . yay. i dont have eye insurance anymore..so taht sucks..a lotta money on this stuff..esp the Restasis!

thanks everyone for the posts! I have been to my eye doc many many times. i have been on Restasis for almost a month and i get these things kinda like styes. she says its a form of em or something. idk. but anyway..i have ointment for that and i gotta do hot compresses..yada yada. its oh so wonderful! haha. im going to a local eye place to check theres out . yay. i dont have eye insurance anymore..so taht sucks..a lotta money on this stuff..esp the Restasis!

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo! I used to HATE my glasses but I *just* got these ones last month or so. I LOVE them! They're DKNY and expensive but worth the money. I got them at Lenscrafters but the 2 for $70 sounds good too:

Me in my new glasses

At first my doc had me use this ointment called... Tobrex..it worked great! she said to only use it for like..2-3 weeks b/c its not really good to use it for a long period of time. well i stopped having a problem with the styes and now they are coming back. now she has me on Bacitracin Ophthalmic ointment. she said its safter than the other stuff.

see heres the thing..bout 2 yrs ago my right eye starting hurting and having all the symptoms of chronic dry eye. [i used to SLEEP in my contacts...yes stupid..] but anyway.. it was just the right eye. i went to the doc and they said to use artificial tears and put me on Tobrex. after awhile it went away but then a year later it happened again. and the weird thing was it was at the same time as the year before. when it started to get warmer here in Iowa. well anyway..i went back. and then finally i got on Restasis and i have this new ointment. My next checkup is in Aug and I am hoping my eyes get better. All this time I have been wearing a contact in my LEFT eye. my right eye is stronger than me left so it kinda evens things out and i can still see pretty good. and now my left eye has been acting up and i got those stye things in it. soo yea it sucks. wow long story.. haha.

but anyway. umm the styes are like right on the lid. it sucks b/c my bottom eye lashes will go away kinda! haha. looks funny. but do you think makeup could be causing the styes? i wear mineral makeup..and i thought maybe the powder was getting into my eyes or something. but all this happened before i started wearing mineral makeup. but it might not be helping my eyes.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooo! I used to HATE my glasses but I *just* got these ones last month or so. I LOVE them! They're DKNY and expensive but worth the money. I got them at Lenscrafters but the 2 for $70 sounds good too:

Me in my new glasses

I never thought these would look good on me either, but they suit almost anyone...you just need the 'tude to pull 'em off.

Can you post a link? Your photos are under surveillance yet...

I think you would look really cool with small plastic frames in brown or black.

Go for rectangular...it will make your face look less round. It's not too round, but you know what i mean, it'll be a nice contrast.

haha yea i know what u mean. right now i have glasses that are like... rectangular..but yet a lil round. idk..i think they are 2 big for my face! thats why i hate em :lol: