Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Anyone tried the combination?

Saw Palmetto decreases DHT and Green Tea stops it from binding or something, correct?

Would those work together or not? I'm thinking of combining that with low-dose fish oil...thoughts?

I just started Saw Palmetto 5 days ago at 640mg extract (2x320), I can see the theory in using it in conjunction with green tea, and I did consider this myself, but I am just going to see how the SP goes for a couple of months.

i'm actually thinking along the same lines, i'll take SP and green tea capsules for lunch, and my fish oil mornings and evenings.

Anyone tried the combination?

Saw Palmetto decreases DHT and Green Tea stops it from binding or something, correct?

Would those work together or not? I'm thinking of combining that with low-dose fish oil...thoughts?

Seems like it could work. I guess it would be a good combination since they both deal with hormones right? But does it work is the question.

Well im gonna be trying it...already bought both of them at the store today. Im just trying to work out the dosages. I think im gonna be doing around 2 grams of Green Tea, thats what was considered nto be around 10 cups worth in Romeo's old Green tea Extract thread, though that was a specific brand so i'll have to look into it a little more.

Im gonna check on Saw Palmetto right now...anyone have any recommendations? It seems like people have taken varied dosages, and some people saw negatives from taking too much...

And im gonna continue to take around 4 grams of fish oil a day.

Shit, so the Saw Palmetto I got doesn't say extract, I guess that means its just the berry? I heard thats no good...will it really do nothing or is it just way less potent? Its 450 mg by the way. Any help would be great.

Shit, so the Saw Palmetto I got doesn't say extract, I guess that means its just the berry? I heard thats no good...will it really do nothing or is it just way less potent? Its 450 mg by the way. Any help would be great.

i don't think its any good. someone on another thread also bought capsules containing the berry by mistake and that had 3200 mg or something.

i don't think its any good. someone on another thread also bought capsules containing the berry by mistake and that had 3200 mg or something.

Yeah I wish I knew...some people have said that the standardized fatty acids are what is beneficial. Well if I dont see any results after a couple of weeks i'll track down some extract. For now I at least know i've got the right Green Tea extract.

im taking green tea extract now.. because i stopped taking fish oil cuz i found out mine were rancid. have yet to find a good brand that doesnt have lemon in it, so in the meantime in taking 3-4 GTE pills a day.

will post results if i see anything drastic. so far, inflammation seems to have decreased.

If you're male, pay close attention to your chest. If your nipples get puffy, or you feel any sharp tingling bursts of pain, you are fucking with your hormones too much and developing gynecomastia (man boobs). If this happens, you need to stop immediately, buy an aromatase inhibitor and obtain Nolvadex in one way or another.

I don't think something like this would be strong enough for an adult male to happen. But this board has lots of young teens.

i picked up some saw palmetto today. ITs the Swiss Naturelles brand.

i dont really understand the label:

Saw Palmetto berries

mg/capsule: 80mg

Herbal equiv: 800mg

10:1 extract (85-95% fatty acids)

could anyone clue me in, on how many pills to take? (im a girl)

gracias

oddly enough we have some saw palmetto in the vitamin cabinet... it just says 'standardized saw palmetto' ... it looks like capsules of vitamin E oil so I would have guessed extract but it says saw palmetto berry on the back *shrug* so I have no idea what it is. Anyway it's worth a try...I've had a feeling for a while that my acne is at least partly hormonal because antibiotics did nothing whatsoever and I put so much bacteria killing crap on my face that I doubt that's the main problem. Since I'm a female I don't know what dose would be right...the bottle says two 160 mg pills a day so I'll go with that unless someone thinks otherwise. I really hope there's something to this...I'll let everyone know in a few weeks how it goes.

I researched it a little bit. I'm terrified that I'll start breaking out badly again. I know hormones play in for me so.. I'm gettin some soon.

I read 320 mgs a day for a female. So, if it were me I'd take two a day. There was info about it needing the fatty acid & active sterols, standardized was good too..