Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wotnot

Grrrrr! - My mother drives me nuts!!!

Hey "wotnot"

My Mum does the same thing, it makes me really embarrassed to be around here often now :(

You want that to be the last person to say anything really..

Lol and dun forget that while ur parents gave u food, clothes and whatnot, they probably gave u ur acne and perhaps other yet to surface hereditary illness as well.

That sucks. I remember one time im like yay my skins kinda clearing up. I walk into the living room and my mom cringes at my face ands like my poor baby's face....psh mom

later shes like all you have to do is have no more acne and you'll be so pretty...FOO U mom

You think that's bad? I used to have mild acne and my dad called me an ugly piece of shit who is a disgrace to the family and has something seriously wrong with him. Yeah. Now thats's bad.

sometimes it's just the only way they know how to communicate. i know my in my mom's culture they're brutally honest and very blunt. so she says to me "if you had clear skin and fixed your nose you could be an actress!" she was trying to make me feel better by giving me a compliment.. haha!!! so much for that. and one day while visiting my family, she pointed to my cousin and said "see, he has pimples and scars too!" i've just learned to be more tolerant of her ways :wacko:

in my experience (not with acne) but with weight or the way i act or how i do my hair it seems like my mom wants to be like her when she was younger: annorexically skinny. but it seems like moms want to put their dreams and ambitions into you. all you have to do is say to her is "IM HAPPY ABOUT WHO I AM.ACCEPT THAT" trust me she will.

My mom always supported me with acne because she realized it wasnt my fault that I got it from my dad.

Regardless of the relationship, everyone has the right to be treated with respect.

Parents, most especially mothers, have the absolute ability to wound us to the core. It doesn't give them the right to do it, though.

I find that retaliation doesn't really help matters at all. It just escalates the situation and makes bad feeling worse. The older I've gotten the more comfortable I've become with confrontation. I try to speak to the behaviour and address how the remarks make me feel.

I might have said, "Mom, that comment really hurts my feelings. You know that I am sensitive about my appearance and I don't understand why you would embarrass me this way."

Most of the time cheap shots are taken by people who are passive-aggressive. When you confront them assertively, they back off. In the past when I've had to deal with someone who said things like that I would think about what I was going to say and practice it out loud, so that I was ready for the next time.

Guest missyjean130

Wow I have had people trash my face when I thought it looked mighty better at the time :(

I had my grandmother do a simliar thing that was done to you as well. I had not seen her in two years and the first thing she says to me is," What did you do to your face? What's wrong with you?" it was loud. everyone heard...I wanted to hide lol