Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sheriko

Hot towels - helping???

So anyway I have been trying to rid myself of horrible chest and neck acne for awhile. I have tried a bunch of different things. I then figured that maybe some of my problem is due to folliculitis and bacteria.

Off I went to research this and I came up with this http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000823.htm

It said that for self treatment you could use hot moist compresses to promote drainage and applying antibiotics to the skin etc.

BINGO - something I hadn't tried. So for the past 2 weeks, every morning, I put the kettle on to boil. After it is boiled, I pour some water into a large bowl with a large face cloth. I try not to burn my fingers too much as I wring some of the water out. Then while it is still hot, I put it on my chest until it cools. Then I dip it in the water again and do it again. I replace the water with hot water and then do my neck. I also change the wash cloth and do my face. After about 10 minutes of hot compresses, I pat myself dry and put on some antibiotic ointment.

RESULTS - my chest is clearing up amazingly well. So is my neck. My face is wonderful. It has done the best on my face. Of course I don't think it is just the hot compresses, but I think it is also the antibiotic cream. I think the hot compresses open my pores and allows the antibiotic to penetrate really deep.

So I say give this a try.

Oh, I also use the cloth after to give my chest a bit of an exfoliation scrub.

:( not enough time

What do you mean frankie? It doesn't take so long. You could always do it at night before your shower. It is helping me a lot.