Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pineapple

blotchy redness after 4 weeks on DKR

Hi everyone,

I have been on the regimen for almost four weeks now and have suddenly started to notice redness around my chin, where I am applying the BP (I am also applying BP to the forehead but no redness there). I have made some slight changes to my regimen in the past few days which are:

1. changing from Oxy on the spot to Dan's BP

2. upping my BP application quite a bit (1/2 finger on forehead, 1/2 on chin). Before I used a small amount as my acne is mild.

3. adding jojoba to my moisturiser

Which of these might be the most indicitive of the redness? I'm thinking of changing my BP application to once a day, leaving out the jojoba and possibly changing back to OXY BP.

What do you guys think? I'd really appreciate your thoughts/experiences.

The redness could be either from upping the amount or switching bp formulations. Hopefully it is just a phase that will settle down as your skin adjusts. I doubt it could be the jojoba oil though.

i think it'l more likely be switching BP as i was using DKR gel for over a year and whilst using it my skin always seemed slightly red or irritated, i then changed to oxy which is by far less irritating and now my skin feels normal, altho i hav slightly broke out a bit since using it but nothing major, go back to oxy n see how it goes

Maybe your skin just needs to get used to the new bp? Even though you're using half a finger on your chin and your forehead, maybe your chin is getting the redness because it's smaller so a half a finger seems like more? You might want to up the amount more slowly or just give it a few days to adjust. Good luck!

1/2 a finger on each area seems like a little much to me. I use a full, fat finger all over my face, but that covers my forehead, temples, cheeks, nose, mouth area, chin, the whole deal besides my eye area. I think maybe cutting it down to like 1/3 a finger on your chin will help, and you could cut back on the forehead too if you want.

Thanks so much for all of your advice!

I think I will reduce the amount of BP I'm putting on my chin as some of you suggested. I will continue using Dan's for now but if the redness continues after the reduction, I might consider going back to OXY as it may suit my face more. I'll let you know how it goes... :)