Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
miss.chaNel

want to dye hair..

soo,, i have only had my hair dyed twice with at home kits, and both times were done by a friend and turned out reeeallllyy crappy. so, here is how my hair looks now-clicky. . i want to go about this clicky. . i had that color blonde for about 5 years..so i am wayyy past ready to go back to it, maybe even something lighter than that. i just started my new job so in about a month i can get it professionally done, but until then, i gotta use the at home kits. so, any suggestions as to what to use?

maybe this color?! clicky.

OMG your eyes are gorgeous! Are those green or blue? I cannot tell. I think they are green. I would love to help you but I know nothing about dying hair. I only get it professionally done

my eyes are blue, buuttt depending upon makeup i can make them look green. =] and thanks, i love them.

ugh, i have been professionally having my hair done since i was 12, but that was when i lived with my mom. now that i live with my dad he doesn't understand the importance of once-a-month $200 hair dye jobs. boys never understand. soo long story short, i want it done, i ahev to pay for it. :/ i hate that rule.

You look fantastic with curly brown hair! The blonde looks good too, but I think the brown really brings out your eyes.

Have you thought about trying one of those highlighting kits? What about adding just a few lighter pieces around your face? Highlighting at home is tricky though.

my eyes are blue, buuttt depending upon makeup i can make them look green. =] and thanks, i love them.

ugh, i have been professionally having my hair done since i was 12, but that was when i lived with my mom. now that i live with my dad he doesn't understand the importance of once-a-month $200 hair dye jobs. boys never understand. soo long story short, i want it done, i ahev to pay for it. :/ i hate that rule.

hightlights at home=this. it turned out like a orangey/blondie color. not good.

i've been a brunette for about a year now, and i just feel like myself when i have blonde hair. i just don't want to dye it and it turns out orange! ugh.

i've had highlights with the brunette hair. clicky. they just don't look good to me..

sorry for posting all these pictures. i've just had all this crap done and i just want my blonde back. :[ people no longer call me blondie. .sigh.

I'm jealous of your curls! they are proper ones not like my frizzy enough kinks not to be straight pubic hair.

To go blonde with really dark hair is difficult, it often doesn't strip the colour enough. You will probably have to pre-lighten your hair first all over which can mean bad roots. Good news is pre-lighteners are pretty cheap. There is a l'oreal one in a blue box which is pretty good. Next I would use an all over toner in an ash colour which will get rid of any orange (which is WILL be) Then use a mascara wand or some little highlight kits in watever colours you want, I like to use about three/four when I go blonde normally a very light ash blonde colour, honey blonde, then a dark blonde/light brown I try to put this colour more on the underneath than on top.

I find though it doesnt always have to be loads of money to do your hair. I tend to go to cheap shitty salons with special offers on. These places are still better than doing it at home and the hairdressers were often all trained at the same college anyway - it doesn't mean they are bad at all. I can go blonde, with woven highlights a new styles and finish for £50.

You might even be surprised at the quality of the color/cut you get at some of the less expensive salons.

I spent close to $175 at a classy high priced salon for a simple haircut. He did not cut it like I asked.

I spent $15 at Cost Cutters, took the same picture in to show her that I showed the high priced guy, and the cut was fantastic.

Same thing with hair color. I had highlights done at a high priced salon for close to $200. They were adequate and my hair was very dry and over processed thereafter.

I went to get highlights (I think they look better on me than full head color) at Cost Cutters, and I believe it didn't even cost $75.00 and they looked terrific.

So you don't always get what you pay for. :)

Ooooooooooooooooooo! I LOVE your hair and your EYES!!! GORGEOUS!

I agree that it'll be a 2-step process for you. BUt you can do it at home.

Get the number for custromer service off a L'Oreal or Clairol box, or whatever brand you want to use, call them and ask how. They'll gladly tell you how. They fixed my hair color mistakes a number of times (I :wub: the customer service at L'Oreal).

You'll need to bleach first, then tone or use a color after the bleach (like someone else said).

Get dark brown hair with highlights. Blonde hair on you makes you look funny. My mom is a professional hairstylist so I know all about hair - probably more than all the girls on this website. Case closed.

:ninja:

i like u better as a brunette - it really brings out your eyes. i have to 2nd the highlights recommendation. granted you didn't like them the first time, but give it another shot; maybe go a little chunkier around the temple and crown area. because ur hair is so dark, bringing it up so many levels is going to be really damaging to the hair. (sorry, it's the hair dresser in me, condition of the hair is dear to me). I see lots of bleach, possibly some heat lamps and much toner......and then a deep conditioning treatment.......

JMO - love the curls :D

thanks everyone for the compliments/advice. i think i will just wait another month and go to my hairstylist to have it done.

i wasn't saying that expensize=better. i just have one specific girl do mine and she does it PERFECT everytime, and that's just how much she costs. i wouldn't risk going to anyone cheaper becuase my hair is so easily damaged that if it turned out a crappy color, i can't just turn around and have it dyed again. i am bi*ch when it comes to any aspect of my hair. so thanks again for all the advice!

p.s.-mike, trust me..i look about ten times better as a blonde. i am not photogenic AT ALL. my license plate used to say 'blndee' =] brunette to me is boring..