Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I did 2 glycolic peels starting 2 weeks ago and they helped with my hyperpigmented spots about a few months ago i did azalex and that brought back acne when i cleared up but im clearing up or starting to it seems...I'm wondering what you guys think of a 21 percent TCA peel...can tca be used to treat acne you have and the pigment problems at the same time? I also have the option of getting a silk peel done which is a microdermabrasion thingie which costs 150 bucks but I have the TCA solution right here...I did a patch test below my ear right on the neck area close to the jaw line...no adverse reaction...let me know what you think guys

Well guys I couldn't stand waiting responses...I assumed no one knew so I decided to risk it...I am not a big risk taker but I put the stuff on my face...I was very nervous about it too but hey I was very careful and I began to feel a stinging and a burning but I kept my cool and I did my cheeks and within a minute they frosted and I neutralized the acid...my skin had frosty blotches and I looked like some nasty supervillan afterwards and then i used the neosporin and then it faded and now it looks a bad sunburn...nothing bad at all...I'll have to see what the results bring but it wasn't bad...with all the complaining and horror stories I would have thought something might happen but nah it wasn't hard I'll keep everyone posted....My face is tightening up now in preperation for the peeling! I am excited to slither out of my skin and behold my results!

Expect the peeling within three days. Continue to use your moisturizer/Vaseline/Aquaphor/Antibiotic ointment or whatever religiously so that the skin remains completely moist until the scabs form.

WEAR SUNSCREEN if you venture outdoors!

I'm sorry I did not see this post earlier. I would have recommended trying a 12.5% TCA peel first since TCA is far stronger than glycolic acid.

Okay, an update, 3 days into the peel...my skin is starting to peel at my chin...the other areas are tight and will probably peel soon I used my antibiotic ointment all i needed to...a regular moisturizer will probably be sufficient from now on...no adverse reactions...my current acne seems to be white rather than red...im guessing the impurities rushed to the surface because of the peel

Very cool. :P Please keep us (or at least me) informed about your progress. I'm very interested. :)

Okay Day 7 the pimples i had that were inflamed before softened, whitened, and I popped them out on day 5 and 6 now they aren't very inflamed but jus light red...I'm pretty sure that once i resume my regimen they will go away quickly...this possibly could be used to hasten the drainage of inflamed pimple, I used it for removing hyperpigmention but I wanted a measure to dramatically help my acne ill have to see what else happens before I offer the advice that this is a sage cure but everything seems softer

Hi there! I'm sitting here approximately 14 hours after my own TCA 20% peel. Skin feels slightly tight even with a massive coating of vaseline mixed with a few drops of squalane and CP serum.

I am going to do it again in a month and a half or two months in order to get rid of some superficial scarring if this first one doesn't work well enough.

It is two months since my 100% TCA CROSS. With the next one, I am going to use EGF Cream and see if that does anything good.

So you've used TCA before...I really think it can be a good option if you are sensible about it...I've heard people advise against it but I really feel thus far that with diligence it can help alot I still have some pimples but the red marks seem to be gone and I think that once i resume a good regimen these others will clear no problem.

What brand of TCA did you get? The peeling will occur in about 3 to 4 days so hang tight....I am on day 9 and there is still dry flaky skin coming off...almost done...when you do start peeling do not pull it off let it peel off on it's own...as for Vaseline I used Neosporin maxi strength that made my face very moist...also drink lots of water it will help you peel faster

I bought from mytcapeel for the 100% CROSS. For the 20% I decided to try Platinum Skin Care. I'll reserve judgement. I did frost, but in blotches. I didn't turn red. Hmmm. Not one bit red, only a tiny bit of pink around the mouth, chin and eyes. I expected it to hurt a lot, but it didn't even hurt as much as the first time I used 10% glycolic on my skin (three months ago!). It was just a tiny bit stingy. The way the skin is pulled taut right now, even under the vaseline coating, the scars really look diminished.

I emailed mytcapeel to ask if they could recommend some type of Blue Peel type dye to add to the TCA without affecting the pH or percentage so I could judge the evenness and continuity of the peel application. Their stuff frosted within 10 seconds, the tiny dots I applied with the toothpick. Frosted, and stung and my face was bright red around the whole area where I didn't even apply the TCA, just like in pictures of 100% TCA CROSS. So I do assume theirs was authentic and at a good pH.

PS: mouth area and chin are peeling a bit today. :) Wheee! :) So tomorrow is day three and perhaps I'll see more.

Who did you buy yours from?