Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
caileywailey

Hesitant about a new regimen?

I never had bad acne until about February of this year and it has gotten increasingly worse! I started Dan K's Regimen about a month ago and have been seeing improvements -- my skin is smoother and there isn't as much active acne, but it's still red all over. I had a physical for camp (I'm going in a week and a half) on Friday and the pediatrician (I honestly don't know why my mom still has me see one... she says they have all my files) prescribed me Tazorac and Benzaclin. I haven't gotten the prescription filled yet though, because I wanted to read reviews first. After reading the reviews, I'm hesitant to start. I've heard the initial breakout is bad, but that it gets better. So, I will start, but I really want to enjoy camp, and so I don't think I want to start now. If I'm going to have worse acne and peeling skin while I'm at a summer camp for two weeks, I'm thinking I won't have too much fun. I didn't have bad acne last year and so I am already feeling ugly going to camp this year with terrible skin. So I'm thinking I could start when I get back from camp (July 21). But I also have the issue of going back to high school with terrible skin if I wait too long to start. I go back on August 27th, so I'm hoping that's enough time for improvement. I'm just really scared because I look bad already and have things I want to do this summer with people I don't see very often and I don't want to look bad! Any advice? I wish there was some magic treatment! Agh!

Alright as someone who uses what your going to start using i say go for it! It has done WONDERS!!!!! for my face. Yes there is a Initial Breakout with taz and it can be pretty bad for some people, for me it wasn't that bad, and the good news is that benzaclin will help clear what taz brings to the surface quickly. The taz and benzaclin combo can be pretty drying so you might peel but if you exfoliate twise a week and make sure to moisturize it shouldn't be that bad. I'm on my third month and 95% clear ( i have a few places on my forehead but i think its cuz its that time of the month) Good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask me

And BTW! welcome to Org :wavey:

Well, I have a dermatologist appt. on July 5th, so I think that I will see what she says. She probably knows a little more than my pediatrician, so I'm hoping she can help. Is it a better idea for me to wait for her opinion?

I would highly recommend the Tazorac/Benzaclin combination. I'm 34, I've been battling acne since I was 13, and for the first time since I was 13 I don't have a single pimple on my face. Yes, you will have a bad initial breakout during the first weeks of using Tazorac, but STICK WITH IT. I thought of giving up a couple times and I am so glad I didn't.

Good luck!

Well, I have a dermatologist appt. on July 5th, so I think that I will see what she says. She probably knows a little more than my pediatrician, so I'm hoping she can help. Is it a better idea for me to wait for her opinion?

You can wait for her Opinion if you'd like but i'm sure that your derm will tell you to go ahead and start. If i was you i'd go ahead with it, and cancel your derm appointment. I mean you already have the perscription and all the derm usually does is look at your face and write you a perscription. So if i was you i wouldn't waste my time going but thats up to you hun. Like i said before its Taz and ben is a great combo. Good luck!

I would highly recommend the Tazorac/Benzaclin combination. I'm 34, I've been battling acne since I was 13, and for the first time since I was 13 I don't have a single pimple on my face. Yes, you will have a bad initial breakout during the first weeks of using Tazorac, but STICK WITH IT. I thought of giving up a couple times and I am so glad I didn't.

Good luck!

Amen! to that!!! :dance: