Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dm8610

Sun damage and acne

Growing up in florida I live in a hot humid climate I have had sun poisoning three times as well as countless sun burns.

I practically live on the beach. I never wore sunscreen :wall: and I used to tan all the time..so in other words I have had my fair share of sun!

So can excessive sun exposure possibly lead to acne?

I have heard of solar acne occurring in older people, but can it happen to younger people as well?

Can't anwser your question because i know 2 people that lay in the sun to get rid of acne and it really works...but my derm says thats not a good idea

Well yeah, you're frying your skin so at the time, you're pretty much burning your acne away. This is why my friend goes tanning once a week because she says it's the only thing that keeps her from getting pimples, but of course there are the side effects she isn't considering later on.. Your skin will be lifeless and dead, hard to recover itself and fend off infections. So it sure makes sense that damaged skin like that will have a hard time functioning properly and could be prone to acne.