Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
danjapan

How will i know if when my acne is gone?

I am too afraid to miss an application as it is.. how am i supposed to know if i aam able to comfortably stop doing this ritual every day. Is it possible i have grown out of acne and keep breaking out because i'm on this regimen still.

Is there anyone who has gotten off the regimen cleanly?

If you think you've grown out of acne then VERY slowly ramp the amount of BP you're using over the course of a few weeks and see what results you get. If you start breaking out again then slowly move back up. I sometimes wonder if DKR makes acne last longer than it would normally. Like, if you normally would grow out of acne at 23 but because of DKR you dont stop until 25. Dunno.

I agree, to test the waters, trying either using BP just once a day, or start using a little bit less, like 3/4 of a finger instead of 1 finger. See how this goes for about three weeks or so, and if your skin still looks good after three weeks, then you can start using even a little less, like 1/2 a finger. Just be gradual about it so that if your skin is still prone to acne that you won't have a devastating breakout. And if your skin is still prone to acne but you can control it with less BP or with using BP only once a day, hey, more power to you, use the smaller amount and save some money :)