Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
luvkissy

Need help with Differin

Ok I recently just started using Differin for the first time. Now I was told to use Cetaphil as cleanser but I was wondering would it be harmful to use any other cleansers. I m using Neutrogena Acne Fade Cleasner. Im mainly using it because I have dark spots and fiured it can help lighten them.

Im fighting two battles acne cysts and dark spots. So is it fine to use the Fade cleaser morning & night and Differin at night. If anyone has the same problem dark spots and cysts suggest what you use. Thanks.

Ok I recently just started using Differin for the first time. Now I was told to use Cetaphil as cleanser but I was wondering would it be harmful to use any other cleansers. I m using Neutrogena Acne Fade Cleasner. Im mainly using it because I have dark spots and fiured it can help lighten them.

Im fighting two battles acne cysts and dark spots. So is it fine to use the Fade cleaser morning & night and Differin at night. If anyone has the same problem dark spots and cysts suggest what you use. Thanks.

As read in the recent postings by Dan's esthetician, you should always try to clear up existing acne before trying to treat your former scars. And as for your cleanser, you don't have to use Cetaphil; there are a lot of other (and better) gentle cleansers out there. You can research them in the product reviews on here. I personally use Purpose bar cleanser because it's extremely gentle, cheap, and very highly rated on its product review. I also use Alpha Hydrox, which is a glycolic acid product, because (for me) it helps fade dark spots. But I wouldn't recommend starting this until your skin got used to the Differin treatment; it can burn and irritate your skin because it's an exfoliating, acidic product. I hope this helps a little, but please read the other postings and reviews on here for more information.

Differin is very stable when used with other compounds like BP/SA so you could use a harsher cleanser with SA/BP in it.

though dont use anything with GA/LA acids because you'll get irritated :(