Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
josephmccloud

Need Some Help About Red mark Removal

Posted

Hey

Im nineteen years old and I still get acne occassionally, but the new acne isnt bad at all. I am working now and trying to get enough money to treat my acne scars. My scars arent that bad but they still bother me alot. The scars are on my cheeks, chin, and jawline and are basically just red spots. They aren't indented or anything, just red dots that are smooth on the surface. The questions that I was wondering about were:

What acne scar treatment would be best for the type of scars I have?

What is the cost?

Does it matter that I still have re-occurring acne?

Whats the effectiveness?, because since it isnt really that bad, I want to see good results like completely gone.

Does Insurance pay for the treatment or pay for part of the treatment? I have pacificare.

Thanks, any replies are welcomed.

Posted
The scars are on my cheeks, chin, and jawline and are basically just red spots.  

What acne scar treatment would be best for the type of scars I have?

What is the cost?

Posted

can someone please explain taping, Im new to all of this, and Im not really sure what it is.

...and my acne is still re-occurring, but its like one new pimple a month or week, not very much at all.

Posted

The taping method is discussed in detail in one of the threads. Try searching for that. Basically, in involves using a scotch tape (any scotch tape is ok, but not the ones you use to seal boxes. Just smooth it over your face, and pull if out gentle. It removes all the dead skin cells, thus making your skin look fresher, and a lot of people claim it helps them with their red marks, some probably with very shallow scarring.