Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well I just graduated from college last month and i've been interviewing for jobs and i'm getting nowhere. I feel really really discouraged. I kind of want to blow my brains out and just end it. I get the feeling i'm not getting hired because of the way I look if you know what I mean. I'm just curious, is there anyone out there who's suffered through severe acne scars or severe acne and has actually been successful in a career? I really need some type of hope because right now my views toward this world and this life is not good.

It's all about first impressions, but also about how capable you are.

If you are an average joe with a bunch of other average joes, you will lose because acne gives negative first impressions.

If you are however, say, an accomplished biochemist, then you will be valued and judged by the work and knowledge instead of your appearance. Because unless you are applying to become a Deus Gigalow, chances are, your employer will pay you for your knowledge, not to see how hot you are.

Well I just graduated from college last month and i've been interviewing for jobs and i'm getting nowhere. I feel really really discouraged. I kind of want to blow my brains out and just end it. I get the feeling i'm not getting hired because of the way I look if you know what I mean. I'm just curious, is there anyone out there who's suffered through severe acne scars or severe acne and has actually been successful in a career? I really need some type of hope because right now my views toward this world and this life is not good.

Hi there,

I too have bad acne scars, but I have had a successful career as an engineer/analyst at an aerospace company for the past 10 years. I have a feeling that your looks are not the problem during your interviews. However, if your looks are causing you to feel really insecure, the result may be that you are not coming across as confident and friendly in your interviews. Be sure to smile and try to relax, it really goes a long way. At my company, when we interview people, especially recent college grads, personality goes a long way. What is your degree in, and what sort of jobs are you interviewing for? Also, sometimes it takes a while to find a job. Hang in there, and be persistent! I had a bunch of interviews before I found a good match.