Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LindsE

Chemical peels and blackheads

I've posted a few times before but i am kinda new here.

As i stated in earlier posts i ahve very large pores and blackheads all over my face. Others say that they aren't noticable but to me they are and no matter what i seem to do, they don't go away (i've been using glycolic and salycylic acids every day). I also have very oily skin.

Recently i discovered a website that sells at home chemical peels, and they have a 15% salycilic acid peel. They also have Glycolic Acid peels that go from 35% to 70%.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used some of these and if they ahve had any experiences good or bad.

Thanks!

I've posted a few times before but i am kinda new here.

As i stated in earlier posts i ahve very large pores and blackheads all over my face. Others say that they aren't noticable but to me they are and no matter what i seem to do, they don't go away (i've been using glycolic and salycylic acids every day). I also have very oily skin.

Recently i discovered a website that sells at home chemical peels, and they have a 15% salycilic acid peel. They also have Glycolic Acid peels that go from 35% to 70%.

I was wondering if anyone has ever used some of these and if they ahve had any experiences good or bad.

Thanks!

hey girl i have the same problem i swear i try every thing to

I have gotten professional peels done with no luck they go away for a little while and then come right back? they are stubborn

jojoba oil is helping me a bit.

I have also heard a lot of good things about Apple cider vineger.

I haven't done an intense chemical peel in quite a while, but if memory serves me correctly, it takes several treatments to see results. You will also have to keep up with the peels to maintain blackhead-free skin.

Perhaps after the chemical peels have cleared your skin, try a milder AHA/BHA daily topical to see if it can maintain the results for you. I found repeated strong chemical peels made my skin gradually more sensitive, so it's best to minimize skin exposure to such strong preparations, if possible.