Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
inrii

Sunless Tanners

So, I have a wedding to go to in a couple weeks, and I figure, I don't want to blind anyone with my paleness. The question then becomes, what is the best sunless tanner?

According to Consumer Reports, L'oreal's Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer is the best, and I'm willing to believe them on that count. Now, I can deal with using the body moisturizer, but they also make one for the face as well. I picked both up (one for use, and the other on a whim), and now I'm wondering, should I actually try the face one, or just return it? I don't know if it'll be too harsh a moisturizer to use on my face, or if the jojoba oil I'd probably mix with it would negate the process to a certain degree (given that it is suggested you put a barrier, like petroleum jelly, between places like your fingernails and palms to protect against overstaining).

My plan is to try the face stuff tonight, and only at night, and see how that goes.

Thoughts?

So, I have a wedding to go to in a couple weeks, and I figure, I don't want to blind anyone with my paleness. The question then becomes, what is the best sunless tanner?

According to Consumer Reports, L'oreal's Sublime Glow Daily Moisturizer is the best, and I'm willing to believe them on that count. Now, I can deal with using the body moisturizer, but they also make one for the face as well. I picked both up (one for use, and the other on a whim), and now I'm wondering, should I actually try the face one, or just return it? I don't know if it'll be too harsh a moisturizer to use on my face, or if the jojoba oil I'd probably mix with it would negate the process to a certain degree (given that it is suggested you put a barrier, like petroleum jelly, between places like your fingernails and palms to protect against overstaining).

My plan is to try the face stuff tonight, and only at night, and see how that goes.

Thoughts?

hi the best self tanner that i have found is quick tan by drench it smells great its easy to spray on and doesn't clog your pores it looks so natural and doesn't rub off on your clothes

good luck finding one..all the ones I have tried leave me orange. :|

what about a spray tan..would you try that?

good luck finding one..all the ones I have tried leave me orange. :|

what about a spray tan..would you try that?

I had a spray tan once and i liked it except for the fact that i feel like if i got one now it would be pointless because I use BP on my face, and it would bleach out the color...wouldn't it? I would hate to look wierd and have my body a diffrent color than my face haha considering i don't really wear ne makeup on my face.

Well, so far the L'Oreal is ok, although it is sort of bordering into orange territory in some lights. It's done a nice job of evening out the t-shirt tan I've got, which is nice, and it took really well on my legs. It smells okay, too, kind of like green tea (which is weird given it doesn't have any in it). I haven't noticed it breaking me out, which is also nice, and it moisturizes like a champ.

It's not a close competitor to an actual tan, but it'll do. Thanks!