Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
millenseed

Question about the Sun

Hey. I live in Greece and this summer is hot like hell. It's gonna get hotter. The last derm i visited suggested a sunscreen by ROC called MINESOL that had SPF+20.

I apply that every morning before i go to uni. Today, though, was like the hottest day ever and i think my face got a little bit red. I realized that, because it seemed that my red marks got better or faded or something like that. Does that mean that the sunscreen is not good enough? Should i go get a stronger one?

I applied bepanthol moisturizer a few minutes ago. I also apply ACV every morning and evening. I don't want to get any breakouts from this redness. What do you suggest? Or am i just freaking out?

You're probably just freaking out.

A little bit of redness from the sun is ok and even healthy for many people who don't get enough sun. It might even turn into a nice tan and then you'll be able to stay out longer without getting burned.

But if you have a full-blown sunburn, that's not good. You could try applying sunscreen twice a day, once in the morning and once in the middle of the day. You could also use a more powerful sunscreen.

A little bit of redness from the sun is ok and even healthy for many people who don't get enough sun. It might even turn into a nice tan and then you'll be able to stay out longer without getting burned.

Actually the difference between my redness and the actual skin colour is quite unnoticeable.

Nonetheless, u think i should 30 or 45 as tonga suggests?

Actually the difference between my redness and the actual skin colour is quite unnoticeable.

Nonetheless, u think i should 30 or 45 as tonga suggests?

Yeah definitely if you think you're getting sunburned. Either a higher SPF or apply it more often. That should do the trick.

agree with healthoid 100%, i was always advised 30 - 45 for the face and 20 i think for the body, as skin is generally less sensitive there.