Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rarehero

Taning while on the Regimen?

I have been using Dans Regimen for about 4 months now, and to great suprise, it worked for me. Now, I hardly get any zits, and when I do it's nothing too big (all though the last one I got was a big whitehead...). Anyway, I am grateful for this site and all it's memebers for your help, but now I am faced with a new problem..I am pale, kind of like dirty soap. I was thinking about getting a tan by running, but my big concern is that on the back of the BP bottle it says it may cause premature aging. Not only that but also I read in Dan's FAQ that sun exposure isn't the best thing...Not too mention not knowing what kind of sun block to use. So I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have always been on the pale side even before the regimen, and I am using the pro-active BP, and Neutrogena gentle wash, and summer glow moisterizer. Any suggestions / tips would be greatly appreciated, and again thanks again!

I have been using Dans Regimen for about 4 months now, and to great suprise, it worked for me. Now, I hardly get any zits, and when I do it's nothing too big (all though the last one I got was a big whitehead...). Anyway, I am grateful for this site and all it's memebers for your help, but now I am faced with a new problem..I am pale, kind of like dirty soap. I was thinking about getting a tan by running, but my big concern is that on the back of the BP bottle it says it may cause premature aging. Not only that but also I read in Dan's FAQ that sun exposure isn't the best thing...Not too mention not knowing what kind of sun block to use. So I was hoping you guys could help me out. I have always been on the pale side even before the regimen, and I am using the pro-active BP, and Neutrogena gentle wash, and summer glow moisterizer. Any suggestions / tips would be greatly appreciated, and again thanks again!

Hi,

Just to clarify, I think on the bottle it says excess sun exposure can cause premature aging (might not be worded exactly like that). At any rate, we usually recommend using a sunscreen if you do spend time outdoors. I have personally used Coppertone Oil-Free, and other members seem to like Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch. I'm not a big avoider of the sun, I believe a bit of sun is good for people, but when you are using medications that make you more likely to burn you need to take precautions. Wear a hat, wear sunscreen, and don't intentionally try to tan by laying out for hours or visiting tanning beds. An spf moisturizer is also a good option for you.

I am also concerned with tanning, but in a different manner.

I do lay out in the sun during the summer, using various tanning oils and lotions with Low SPF (Between 4-10SPF) I do not burn at all when using these, but I do not apply them to my face.

I do use NHSFL w/ I believe SPF 15.

My face is considerably lighter when I do not do the Regimen or after the shower, but due the redness from BP it eventually evens out after I apply everything.

Would it be OK to apply these things to my face, or would it clog my pores and everything?

I know tanning is not safe, but being 15, not tan, and with me being at beaches frequently...

It's hard not to tan... but yes I do use a tanning accelerator.

Any ideas.. I don't know if this post made 100% sense, but ask questions if you need to.

I'm mainly concerned about the tanning oils clogging pores, and if it would be safe w/ the Regimen to apply them on my face.