Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RSA--Where can I get tea tree oil?

Thanks for the advice everyone!

Day 12 and 13

I am so itchy and dry everywhere!! I guess that means this stuff is working. I haven't really had another significant break out again. I really hope I don't. My hair is still a mess. I can't do anything with it and I really need to dye the roots, but I am scared to death to put any harsh chemicals on my sensitive scalp. I haven't been as tired lately which is great and the mood swings are pretty much gone. I have been using L'oreal Infalible makeup and it is making my skin look much better than Bare Escentuals. Well I am off to put more lotion on! Good night!

Hey Lauren-

You asked about my side effects a few days ago. My lips are pretty dry, and the skin on my chin is kind of peeling off, which is really weird because that is also where I am breaking out the most. Flakey skin and ugly whiteheads are quite the disgusting combination. Other then that, I haven't really noticed anything. I may try to go up to 60 mg at my derm appointment next week.

Oh, and you can get tea tree oil at any health food/vitamin store, like a GNC or something. I bet you can get it online too if you can't find it anywhere else. Glad you haven't had another significant breakout. I really wish mine would stop!

Day 14

Two weeks already! It has gone by fast, but also a little slow with me counting down the days to clear skin.

Nothing really new to report. I am still just super itchy on my face and, well, just about everywhere. :wacko: I feel like I probably look like one of those people that are on some serious drugs running around scratching all the time because they think they have bugs on them...

My eyes have been a little dry mainly at night and at work, but I do have to work in a restaurant that is all smoking. My lips just get dryer by the day, but it's not unbearable. Oh, I found a way to dye your hair without it feeling like fire on your scalp. My mom is a hair stylist and she told me to put about four packets of sweet n' low in the color mix and it wouldn't burn. It didn't burn a bit! I was really happy about that because I was very worried. :dance:

As far as my acne goes....I am thinking a second round of IB is coming up. I feel a few of those big bumps way down in the skin that is sensitive, but no where near the top of the skin yet.

Besides that I think I can handle this Accutane stuff. I have faith it will work, and this board helps me a lot with understanding what's going on with me. Thanks!!

they dont have aquaphor for lips.. its just a lotion or w/e its thick and works well.. get a small size and carry it with you and keep another one like next to your bed or something.. i got my tea tree oil at target.. not sure if every store has it but it was near the vitamins and supplement section.

Day 15

Thanks! I found Aquaphor and so far I like it!

My face and a few areas like my arms and legs are really itchy. I wish I could find something to make my face stop itching. Still feel like I'm about to break out...booooo.....

Day 16

I am so uncomfortable with all this itching everywhere. I have been putting on a lot of lotion and it helps a little, but still itchy!!! Today I noticed how my blackheads on my nose and on my lip line are coming up. What happens with these again? I think someone said they just come out, but I can' t remember.

I am still really tired and I pretty much feel like I should lock myself in the house. I feel like I can't even fake looking good anymore.

hey lauren.. yaa the blackheads supposedly just fall out.. mine are all starting to pop up.. someone said they are gone by second month.. hopefully that is truee.. have a good weekend

I've been taking 20mg per day (soon to be 25...) for sixteen days, and my blackheads are starting to work their way out. I've lost a few on the bridge of my nose, and those on the body of my nose are looking darker everyday - presumably because they're getting closer to the surface (or, rather, the surface is getting closer to them). I hope this keeps-up, because blackheads are the biggest concern of my acne - if they were all gone within a month or so, my confidence would skyrocket, notwithstanding the odd angry-looking zit.

All the best with your treatment, Lauren - you have beautiful eyes, by the way.

Thank you DH2005, I forgot that my skin is getting thinner...reminds me not to pick!

Day 19

It's been a few days since I have updated, but not a lot to report. The black heads are getting really visible and I am hoping they just pop out any day now. I think the dryness is subsiding, but it could just be because I am religiously moisturizing now. I am still having breakouts pretty bad. Also, I am breaking out in places I never did before like my neck and under my chin. It sucks, but I keep telling myself it will all be over sooner than I think. Maybe when I go in to my derm on the 27th he will up my dosage. I just want to make sure it is gone forever! My hair is starting to behave a lot better. It is still really dry so if I just rinse and put conditioner in every day it is not too bad. I am trying to only shampoo every two or three days to not dry it out too much. Besides that, I haven't had any headaches at all and the mood swings are gone. My lower back has been really sore the past two days when I am trying to go to bed, but nothing I can't deal with.

Day 20

Still breaking out really bad! I feel disgusting and I don't want to be seen in public. That's about all. All the other side effects are still the same. :wall:

Day 21

So today brings on a new development in my accutane experience. I am actually peeling. My nose, in between my eyebrows, and a little on my chin by my lip is flaking off. It is itchy and bothersome, but I know it means the accutane is working. I feel a couple new ones coming up though. They are sore. I think maybe some of the blackheads on my nose have came out, but I'm not sure. My lips are really dry today, but nothing aquaphor can't handle. My joints only hurt really after I get off work. I am wondering if my derm will bump up my dosage when I go to see him. I just don't want this to return so I want to do whatever it takes to be done. Oh, my arms are sooooo itchy it's crazy. I am going to take a bath tonight with softener in it then put body butter on all over! Itchiness go away!!!

Day 22

I'm about the same today. Really peeling and flaking a lot on my nose and forehead. Today a bunch of little bumps came up along my jawline. :mad: I have this little tool that esthneticians (sp?) use to get out blackheads safely and I used it on a few that looked really ready to come out. Hopefully that won't scar. The tool is made specifically not to scar. Anyway, I had a slight headache today and was pretty tired, but not too bad.

Day 23

Today was not such a great day. I was super lazy and kind of depressed. I am not sure why, but I am blaming it on the Accutane. I'm not peeling as bad today. I did the dumbest thing and picked a lot on this one bump on my face that hadn't even came to a head yet, but I couldn't help it. This morning it was a huge red sore spot. :wall: Oh well. I am making myself get out of the house tonight so I can get rid of this slump. My acne is no worse than it used to be so there really is nothing for me to worry about. Just a bad day....

Day 24

My face just looks horrible! I am really broke out today and really tired. I have to go to work in an hour and work until 1 in the morning. How am I going to make it being this tired? I can't get over how bad my face looks. When is it going to go away and show me some results? I know it's only been almost four weeks so I am trying to have a little patience, but it's hard. I am going to post pictures in a week or so at my one month mark. Ya'll can tell me if you see a difference because all I see is bad skin.

Day 25

Another day done and another day closer to clear skin, at least I hope. As of right now I just have a lot of red marks from old pimples and a couple knots under my skin that feel like big ones coming up. They may not though. Since being on Accutane not all of those knots come to a head. Sometimes they just disappear. My skin is really dry, but not really peeling today. My face does get pretty red in the mornings mainly after a shower while trying to put on makeup. I am really itchy tonight on my forehead. I guess all is normal. The one thing I'm concerned with is that I have been pretty depressed. My boyfriend and mom were worried about me because he said I have been just sitting on the couch staring in space and barely talking to anyone. My mom also says I've been acting weird for the past two weeks on the phone. I don't know whats wrong with me. I'm so tired all the time and I really don't feel like talking to anyone. I feel really unhappy for no reason at all. I am sure if I started working out more and eating better I would feel a lot better too. I am just ready for this to all be over. I don't know if counting the days on here are making them go by slower or faster. I need to stop feeling so sorry for myself. There are things much worse than having acne. Sorry for the "pity party"

Hey Lauren,

Sorry to hear you're going to a bit of a rough patch. Just remember you're in this for the long haul and it'll all be worth it in the end. Just hang in there :) Perhaps you could try making yourself go out and do things with friends or your boyfriend, even though you don't feel like it. Sometimes if you force yourself a little in the beginning to go, you'll end up having lots of fun :)

memememe-- thanks...I did go out and I am now feeling a little better. I know this all will pass.

Day 27

My skin is really sensitive. My arms and face are the worst though. My arms are really dry and flaky looking. My face hurts really bad too. I can't tell if my skin is getting any better, but I'll keep waiting. Not much to say today.

Day 28

So I feel much better today! I think my skin is getting better. :dance: Don't wanna jinx myself though. I have a few actives, but the brunt of my complextion problems is due to old red spots from old acne. Anyone know a good way to fade these while on accutane or should I just wait until I'm done? I'm pretty close to going back for my one month check-up and blood test and I am excited to see what the derm has to say. I hope he bumps up my dosage so I don't have to worry about any of this coming back. I do feel better about my skin though.

This morning when I woke up my boyfriend was already awake in bed looking at me and as soon as I opened my eyes he said "your lips look like a dead woman's". He made me laugh and because they got so dry while I was sleeping I cracked the corners of my mouth! owww, but it was really funny the way he said it. He is being really supportive of me through all of this. Anyway, I am going to post pics on Sunday or Monday.

Hey Lauren! I just finished reading your log and I think I'm only going to get through this process with posts like yours! I felt like I was reading my own comments! I love how honest you are, it really gives me insight about what to expect when I start in 13 days!!

I hope you post pictures soon, because I would love to see your progress. One of my questions is about your hair, my stylist has taken Accutane, and he is soo against it b/c he had hair loss. I have fine hair, but a lot of it, so I'm hoping I don't have that problem - I would just die! When I color, I use dark color, and I won't through the accutane process, but I'll for sure keep tabs on how you're doing.

I know you were saying something about your blackheads - how are those doing? I have some on my nose and I don't really know how accutane purges things. I know you said you had a tool - is it an extraction tool? Where did you find one and how do you use it? Something like that terifies me! Good luck with everything I'm going to keep posted on your blog! PS: I loved the "dead woman" comment. It's so something I would expect to hear from my boyfriend early in the am! Good luck!

KatyLady-- Thanks, I thought my posts were a little boring and I was excited to see that someone actually posted on mine other than me! I am going to posts some pics on Sunday or Monday I promise. I want to try to have monthly updated pics. I have very fine hair and I already thought I was losing hair before accutane so I hope it doesn't make it worse. I don't think a lot of people experience hair loss. My blackheads are almost gone. I woke up one morning and realized that most of them were just gone! I got that tool at Walgreens with the Sally Hensen stuff, but I am not so sure you should. When I use it it is satisfying because I get whatever was in my skin out without scarring, but it just seems to irritate my skin more. Good Luck on starting accutane. Let me know how many mg the doctor puts you on.

Day 30

Well I had a huge one come to a head on my forehead and a small but painful one between my nose and lips. I am not going to pick though! I am so tired and moody today. It has been over a hundred degrees everyday here and getting in that heat just makes my skin feel like it is going to explode! I turn bright red and feel sick when I get in the sun or heat. I had to cut out drinking and the sun so there goes my whole summer. :boohoo: I hope it is worth it. My arms are so itchy I think I am going to have to go to the drug store to see if I can find a better lotion. Any suggestions? Well I have to make the dreaded drive to Nashville so I will check back later.

hey hope your doing well.. i havent had any bad side effects in over a week.. my face hasnt been really dry either.. suckss that we shouldnt be drinking but i do anyway and my tests came back fine.. ive only been drinking wine though.. and not to the point of getting shit faced.. and for lotion this is what i use and lovee it.. absorbs very quickly and doesnt feel sticky

gold bonds lotion

I definetly feel you on the not being able to drink. It's tough to say no to your friends when they all want you to go out without having to explain the reasons why (im trying to hide the fact that im on accutane). anywhoo...i know it's rough right now, but i'm so sure it will get better, juts keep your chin up and think about how great your skin's going to be in 5 months!

good luck!

Thank you both!

Day 37

Sorry it's been a week since I have posted. I went for my monthly blood test and check-up with my derm. All I have to say is thank God for this board or I would know nothing about the medicine I am taking. Not that my derm is mean or anything, he just isn't much of a talker. I ask him questions and he answers with a yes or no. I feel like he doesn't have time for me. He didn't up my dosage either. I hoping to at least go up to 40 mg a day. My face is about the same I think. I am still getting new ones here and there. I uploaded pics so ya'll can let me know what you think. I look unhappy in the pictures because I was really tired and truely hate taking pictures exposing the worst thing about me. I got Aveeno lotion for my body and it just feels really sticky! It does combat the itchiness though. My arms are sooooo itchy! I think I will try that gold bonds lotion. Thanks for the advice rsa. Well, I am going to get some rest. I have still been feeling tired. Just need to drink more water and get some more work outs in. Good night.

post-59643-1188627159_thumb.jpg

post-59643-1188627159_thumb.jpg