Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eve12

clinique foundations and powders

I went to the dermatologist about a month ago and she seemed concerned about the fact that I wear makeup. I currently use Neutrogena Healthy Skin foundation and Maybelline Shine Control powder. She told me that the ONLY makeup that doesn't clog pores is Clinique. She made a big deal out of saying that this is the only one. I find it really hard to believe that it could be the only one, especially since I've never really wanted to spend the money on department store makeup before. I am pretty sure though that foundation and powder over my oily skin all day long does make me break out. Have any of you tried Clinique foundations or powders? Is it worth spending the extra money? How is the coverage? What do you recommend for oily skin?

Thanks!

Clinique is the worst product company in history. It ruined my face for a year. If I go crazy, I'd go to the plant and burn it up! :mad:

Case closed.

:ninja:

Clinique is the worst product company in history. It ruined my face for a year. If I go crazy, I'd go to the plant and burn it up! :mad:

Case closed.

Case closed.

Sorry to hear that. Which products were you using and what happened?

I have been using the Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup for about over a year and I really like it. This is a powder foundation and the coverage is really really good. I just recently tried Everyday Minerals after hearing all the good feedback and since it was cheaper I figured I'd start with the free kit. But it didn't work for me at all, it wasen't working to well with me when I would sweat (and with the summer around the corner :naughty: ). So I'm just going back to my same 'ol powder. And it's not really that pricey.. it's only $22 bucks and It'll last you a good 4-5 months... and trust me I always use it, I don't leave my house without wearing makeup :)

Hope that helps, and by the way, Clinique has a great return policy... you should buy it and if it doesn't work for you, you can return it and get your money back :)

I have been using the Clinique Perfectly Real Compact Makeup for about over a year and I really like it. This is a powder foundation and the coverage is really really good. I just recently tried Everyday Minerals after hearing all the good feedback and since it was cheaper I figured I'd start with the free kit. But it didn't work for me at all, it wasen't working to well with me when I would sweat (and with the summer around the corner :naughty: ). So I'm just going back to my same 'ol powder. And it's not really that pricey.. it's only $22 bucks and It'll last you a good 4-5 months... and trust me I always use it, I don't leave my house without wearing makeup :)

Hope that helps, and by the way, Clinique has a great return policy... you should buy it and if it doesn't work for you, you can return it and get your money back :)

ok.. i agree with Necromencer.. Clinique is the worst, they need to die :) btw, never try their 3-step to clear skin crap. its bunch of BS-----

that being said...

their makeup? if you ask Rush or Foomph, i am pretty sure they will recommend Clinique's Clarifying foundation (liquid). they really love it and i see why because if you get the right color, it looks very nice on your skin and wont turn orange on you. it also covers your blemishes pretty well and stays on all day even if you sweat like hell.

for my personal experience, however, it was way too drying for my skin. i dont even have dry skin to begin with.. i have normal/combo skin and i always moisturizure and apply sunscreen before i apply this foundation.. yet it was still drying (out of nowhere, my skin started to sting during the day too). so if you have dry skin to start, dont even think about it... also, since this foundation has SA in it, some people wont be able to tolerate it. i guess i am one of those few people? i keep getting blemishes whenever i use this foundation. i was so in love with this foundation in the beginning that i didnt even think that the foundation was causing my blemishes but i stopped wearing it for a few days, guess what-- i didnt get any new blemishes. when i did start wearing it again, i started breaking out a little. people say it takes 2wks to get new pimples but no, not really, it doesnt really take 2wks, it happens in a few days for some people. my skin care routine didnt change at all either.

i dont trust derms.

I use Clinique Clarifying Clear Skin Formula foundation and I absolutely love it. It has great coverage but feels light, it's basically sweat-proof. It is definitely not for people who have dry skin.

It's not the only brand that doesn't clog pores.

And she was asking about makeup, not the cleansing system...which is notoriously horrendous.

I use Clinique Clarifying Clear Skin Formula foundation and I absolutely love it. It has great coverage but feels light, it's basically sweat-proof. It is definitely not for people who have dry skin.

Looks like you might have had a really bad experience with the line... but I like their foundation!

And not every skin tone is the same so you might want to stop talking for others!!! :naughty:

So... as you can see this was my sugestion, obviously you don't agree but that's fine... it's so not my problem that you didn't fine their line worth the money.

And by the way... I agree I don't like the 3 step system either, it didn't work for me (so I returned it used and still got my money back) YAY!

Thanks for all your responses and suggestions! It's good news to hear that Clinique has a good return policy so maybe I'll give it a shot. I'm using benzoyl peroxide and lots of moisturizer on my skin though, so I'm not sure how well it will mesh.

hey i use lancome teint idole ultra liquid foundation, but i put clinique sheer pressed powder oil free on the top, and i absolutely love it, i've been using it for years. BUT i have heard a lot of people say and i've read also that clinique products are the worst in terms of chemicals apparently, and they're pretty harsh on the face. I'd never ever use their cleansers or anything ever again after i used their face soap, the green one for blemishes, it broke me out so bad and left my face sooooo dry!

When you go to the Clinique counter be sure to tell them about all the products that you are using on your face. This will allow them to suggest a formulation that will work best for your skin. If the person at the counter rushes you, then try a different department store or wait for another person.

Also, you should read the reviews on Makeupalley.com. There are so many Clinique foundations to choose from!

Right now I'm using Perfectly Real powder foundation. It's a little dark for me so I also use Aubrey Nicole's Champagne Corrector as a finishing powder. I like the combination.

BTW, I've found several foundations that didn't break me out: Physicians Formula, Chanel, Prescriptives, and Clarins. I'm always switching because I'm such a product junkie . . . also, Chanel and Prescriptives are just too expensive!

I find it kind of depressing that someone who isn't smart enough to know that proclaiming one company is the ONLY one that doesn't cause acne managed to graduate from medical school. That is a very silly thing to say. What makes you break out is an individual thing, and most makeup companies have several foundations, some of which will break you out and some of which won't. I don't have any strong opinions on clinique -- their three-step system is notoriously bad, but they have some other good skincare items, and some good makeup options. But so do plenty of other companies. She must be getting paid to recommend them.

I like the almost makeup, but it's very low coverage. I hated the perfectly real compact makeup, but lots of people like it, and it's a powder so it could be good for oily skin. Like someone said below, Clinique has a huge number of foundations, and most likely some will break you out and some won't. I will say I generally dislike drugstore foundations. It's hard to get a good match and I haven't found a formula I like, except for rimmel recover, which some people might not like because it's sort of glowy and therefore possibly not the best for oily skin.

I like Clinique. Not sure why so many people dislike it. Now, I will agree that the 3 step skincare line is bad. I used it for years growing up and didn't realize how badly it dried out my face until I tried something else. I alternate between Clinique and Estee Lauder (Clinique's parent company) for my makeup. I just got my samples of Everyday Minerals today though and kind of like it. So I may use that some days now too.

Anyway, the products I use from Clinique are blush, lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, Superdefense Moisturizer, Repairwear Night Cream. The products I use from Estee Lauder are lipstick, Equalizer foundation, and powder. Although I just tried a new blush from Maybelline, I wonder if that's bad for my skin?

the 3 step system didn't work for me but it really worked for my friends

they also love the foundaiton comapcts

i love their mascars

makeup wise - clinqiue i like

Clinique's moisturizers and washes were terrible for my skin, but their makeup was wonderful and never gave my a problem with my skin. I would still wear it if they'd make it paler!

clinique traditional moisturizers (ddml and ddmg) both break me out horribly. their cleanser was a little drying, but nothing major. that said, theirs is the only makeup i will use. daily i use the perfectly real compact foundation and if i want more coverage i use stay true topped with stay matte powder. they are the only ones that don't clog me or break me out.